Chapter 15: A Date

Ren woke up alone the next morning, the dried blood still caked on her chest as she winced at the soreness of Shu's bite mark. Her throat was also very feeling very tender as she dragged herself to the bathroom to clean herself up.

Looking in the mirror, she scowled at her disheveled appearance, before running the bath water. As she slowly pulled off the remnants of what was left of her new pajama top, she heaved a sigh. She felt terrible about what had happened.

As she stripped off the rest of her clothes and entered the bath, she thought about the events that transpired the night before. She knew Shu was upset before she even entered the room. She had done something selfish after all.

Undermining Shu and taking Reiji's bait was pretty cruel of her to do, even if it wasn't her intention to do so. Shu probably felt like he was betrayed. Perhaps, that was why she couldn't find it in her heart to be angry at him for what he did.

It was the first time she found herself genuinely afraid of him. That made her feel rather guilty considering all he has done for her so far. But he was different the previous times he had drank her blood. He would tease and berate her, sure, but this time he had no calm in his eyes.

Yet now that it's over, she felt really strange about the ordeal. Perhaps it was from the sudden trauma but she couldn't get his actions out her mind. He completely overpowered her in every sense of the word. Surviving that experience, she could only describe how she felt now as being truly alive for the first time.

She pulled her knees tightly to her chest and held on as she exhaled a sigh, thinking to herself, "Something must be wrong with me."

Her thoughts were then interrupted by a soft chuckle.

"You were so caught up in your thoughts that you didn't notice I've been here the whole time?" Shu smirked as he sat up from a sleeping position from the other side of the large bathroom.

Ren chastised herself internally for being distracted and not looking around the area before taking her bath. She clenched her knees tighter to her chest, feeling ashamed of her body as Shu's sharp eyes stared at her with an amused expression.

"I think you exposed yourself to me on purpose," he whispered, suddenly far closer to Ren than before. Ren didn't say anything, but just sighed and sunk under the milky colored water to hide herself.

Shu's eyed dulled as he commented, "Not going to say anything? Very well, I prefer quiet women anyhow." He shifted himself so he was positioned right behind Ren as he hovered over her and whispered, "Such pale skin simply begs for my fangs. You still won't make a sound?"

Ren tensed up unintentionally, thinking bad to just how painful it was when he bit into her collarbone before. She shuddered but remained silent.

Shu pressed his face into the side of her neck while pressing down on her opposite shoulder so she wouldn't struggle. He inhaled deeply and whispered, "Your blood seems unnerved by my presence."

He opened his mouth as if he was about to bite down before alternating to planting small kisses along her throat all the way to her collar bone. Sliding his hand around her and pulling her upwards, he smiled mischievously before whispering, "Doing these kinds of things isn't bad once in awhile. Especially when you won't resist."

Ren's emotionless eyes stared distantly at the wall, not fully comprehending Shu's actions but figuring he was just doing as he likes. This was her payment for his mercy after all.

"Oi, turn your head towards me," he coaxed, gently turning her chin towards him before murmuring, "That's a nice face. Docile and waiting for instructions. You're surprisingly obedient today."