Chapter 8: The Price of Paradise

Ren walked back out to the bedroom to find Shu had woken up and was looking drowsily in her direction.

"Shu," she started to say while trailing off. He made a hand gesture at her to come over to where he was. She nodded silently and approached him. His face was strangely calm as he murmured, "What will you do now?"

Ren made a face before answering with a bow, "Thank you for helping me again. I realize I have been very ungrateful to you. I will take my leave as soon as possible."

"Where will you go?" he asked and tilted his head, the tone of his voice remaining flat. Staring at the floor, she mustered out, "I don't know, but I can't go home yet. I'll figure something out."

Shu then surprised her as he heaved a breathy reply, "Then stay here."

Her face was confused and she was unsure why he would suddenly appear so kindhearted, before he continued to say, "It'll be easier for me to drink your blood if you're under the same roof as me. You understand, right?"

She blinked, comprehending what he just said, before laughing dryly. So that's what he meant, huh?

"Is that really your only reason for asking, Shu?" she teased with a cheeky smile. He made a disgusted expression before retorting, "Are you stupid? What other reason would a vampire have to keep around a human?"

"I guess I'll stay for a little while then," she stated while whimsically eyeing the ceiling, "But I have to ask a favor of you."

"What's that?" Shu asked with smirk, thinking to himself about the nerve of this girl asking a favor to her beneficiary.

"While I may not want to compete, I still love music more than anything so I'd like to be able to practice once in a while," she confessed honestly. Shu scratched his head and sighed, knowing that allowing her this one request would mean that he would be forced to tell the others of her staying here.

"Fine," he groaned, before grabbing her wrist quickly and pulling her onto the bed. Ren gasped at the sudden jerking movement before falling down on top of him. Her face felt a little heated in embarrassment, but as she tried to move away, he pulled her neck towards him and whispered lowly in her ear, "This is the prize for my heroic efforts."

His lips touched her neck gently before his fangs grazed over the soft skin, piercing it tactfully and drinking the red liquid that spilled over. He moaned into her hair as he pulled away and uttered, "You must be a perverted woman to accept such terms so willingly."

Ren winced at the pain but slowly opened her eyes wearily as she felt the scorching hot sensation overtake her senses. She inhaled and embraced the sweet pain he was giving her, for it was the most intense experience she had felt in a long time.

Shu eyed her expressions and smirked. She was clearly enjoying this. He glanced at her up and down and chuckled as he noticed how small Yui's shirt look on her. Ren was significantly more robust in her chest area. Shu decided to tease her a little bit.

"You know, the dark uniform from school really hides your body's natural curves," Shu laughs as he runs a line down the middle of her chest with his finger. He reached down and unbuttoned the top of her shirt so he could get a better look.

Ren breathed heavily before sitting herself up, despite her slight anemic state and muttered suggestively, "You're being rather bold today. I just might have thought that it was you who changed me into these clothes."

Shu was impervious to nervousness regarding things like this, but Ren's tone was infectious, always somehow making him slip up in nerves. Deciding not to respond, he placed a hand on her lower back and pulled her close to him before leaning down and biting into the meaty portion just above her left breast, close to the heart. He held onto her for a while before licking his lips and letting her go.

"Get some rest for a little while. I'll send Yui up with some food and you can introduce yourselves to everyone later," he said while standing up and quietly making his way out of the room, leaving Ren alone in a dreamy and delirious state.