Just Two Kids

We walked to a park off campus because all that was on campus was food or pools. I just kinda looked around & checked my phone because it was so quiet and there was nothing else to do. He just towered over me and it seemed like he kept inching towards me.

- Soo.. Do you have a girlfriend?

- Nah.. I've kinda been training hard, just focussing on swimming. I think I'm ready to settle down a little but I don't think I'm ready to give up the sport though.. Maybe I'll have a kid or get into a relationship then go for one more Olympics..

- I see..

- Well how bout you, what's your life plan? Got a boyfriend?

- Well I had one a while ago but my training took most of my time and I didn't think it was fair to the guy. I don't know about starting a family I'm just 19 afterall. I still have to finish college but I don't know where I wanna go yet.

- Oh! Go to Cal!

- How did I know you were gonna say that. Haha. I don't even know if I wanna go to University. I've never known how to make decisions for myself, I'm still pretty much a kid.

- Me too. I feel weird asking this but were you ever like a fan of mine? You've been so calm around me..

- So you'd rather have me be a crazed fan girl right now? Ha. Yes, I was a huge fan. I had a crush on you and everything.

- :) Is that crush still there?

- ... I mean, I know I don't have a chance with you but yeah, I still think you're adorable and an awesome guy all around.

- Adorable, huh.. You're pretty cute yourself. I wish more girls were as chill as you ya know..

- Well, I wish more guys were like you..

- I say we just call off our rematch.. I have a feeling that there will be more oppurtunities for us to hang out and stuff.

Nathan and I spent that whole day at the park. When we got hungry, we bought some salads and headed back to his place. Emma had planned some kind of party in our room but Nathan and I weren't the party kind. We did plan on going though. I don't exactly know how Emma pulled it off, but it seemed like everyone was there. Matt was waiting for Nathan by the door and was shocked to see me with him. I heard him yell through all the noise, "Nice arm candy, man!" Nathan kinda just giggled and looked at the floor and my face must've turned really red.

It seemed like everybody was having fun. The best part of it was knowing there was no alcohol in there yet everyone was enjoying. All of a sudden Dana Vollmer announced spin the bottle. Emma dragged me into it and Nathan was nice enough to do it with us to save me a little. All the couples have gone and it was Nathan's turn. The bottle spun and spun and half of me was hoping it wouldn't land on me and the other was hoping it would. I wasn't paying attention when all of a sudden it got really quiet. Everyone knows I'm one of the youngest here and I heard a wave of "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!" I looked at the bottle and it was pointing at me. I turned my head and Nathan had a nervous look on his face. He asked for my permission and I said it was fine if he didn't want to but the next thing I know, his face was getting closer and closer to mine. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and everyone cheered. "Yeahhh!"

Midnight struck and everyone headed back to their rooms. Nathan was the last out of the door.

"Sorry if that kiss was bad. :\"

"Don't worry about it, it was pretty good :)"

"I'll see you around for sure, goodnight."

Best. Night. Ever. I told Alena everything the night couldn't have gone more perfectly.