Small Reconnections

I sent her another text. 

"Can we please meet up somwhere? I really need to talk to you." Just as I had lost hope, my phone buzzed.

- Uh, hi? What is there to talk about? I believe it was all laid out on the E! Special. What else do you need?

- I thought you weren't going to be mad?

- I never said I was mad.

- But you seem like it.

- Nathan, how can I not seem mad. 

- Just, please. Meet me somewhere?

- Fine. Where?

**Morgan's POV**

     We decided to meet at some coffee shop. I told Ry that I was going to see him; I had no reason to sneak around. He wasn't too happy about it at first but he couldn't do much since it was my decision.

     "I just don't understand why he needs to explain anything to you when the reason you're not his anymore is because of his own actions." He protested.

     "Babe, I got this, ok? Nothing will go down. I love you." He took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. He leaned in for a kiss and I gave him one.

     "I love you too." He responded.

     I headed out to the coffee shop where I saw an awfully tall man who could only be Nathan. No formal hello came from me as I walked up to him and coldly said; "This is the most pointless shit ever. What do you want." I didn't even look him in the eyes. I simply looked at the menu and waited for him to piss me off.

     "No need to be so harsh."

     "There's a need. Do you know how much I've gone through since that day?.. Huh?" Just then a lady kindly welcomed me and asked for my order. "Mocha frap." I smiled at her then Nathan interrupted.

     "Make that two, please." He butted in. 

     "Alright." She said. She gave me the receipt and I went off to the side and waited. Nathan and I were trying to stay on the down low and we were constantly whispering. With every word, a new person seemed to have listened and recognized who we were.

     "Why are you so pissed. You're happy now, right?"

     I kept my voice calm. "Yes, actually. I'm happy. What kind of a question is 'why are you so pissed?' Are you stupid?" I was going to continue but he added this in..

     "I must be if I let you go!"

     "Stop the bull, Nathan. No one needs it. We all know how you handled the situation and lord knows I wouldn't want it happening again."

     "So what the hell are you saying.." I shrugged and he seemed to be getting aggravated as I kept my cool and talked to him in an almost sarcastic manner. He continued; "Are you saying we're never getting back together??"

     "I don't know Nathan. Think about what you've done."

     "Damn it, Morgan, I have!" He said that a little too loud so I looked around then back at him.

     "I don't think those people appreciate your choice of language." Just then our order was called and I grabbed mine and headed to the door. 

     "Morgan.. Please don't do this to me."

     "You did it to yourself." He kept calling my name as I walked away but he knew it'd be pointless to follow me. He texted me over and over as I was driving home. Ry asked me how it went and he was pleased to know that I completely shut Nathan down.

     I don't know if I'm just numb or something, but it hasn't hit me how horrible this experience has been. I want to yell at him for breaking my heart but what reason do I have to do that since Ryan has been with me all this time and he picked me up when I fell. 

     My phone rang and as I was about to decline thinking it was Nathan, but it was Annie.

"Hello?"

"Hey!" She yelled. "You should really come over!"

"Ha ok? Why?" I asked.

"I just need some help with something."

     I was thinking she and Matt were planning on setting me and Nathan up but I wasn't really up for being mean so I headed over. Ryan came along and who knows what could happen between them. Matt opened the door and gave me a hug. He then saw Ryan and his face kind of dropped. 

     "We called you over to have a talk." He announced. "Nate's here too." 

     Nathan walked out of their room looking disappointed to see Ryan too.

     "Surprise, surprise." Ryan murmured..