Making Things Right

I've been dodging Nathan's calls and texts and avoiding him at practice by keeping myself busy. Anytime he tries to talk to me in person, I just say I'm busy and jump back in the pool and swim away or I'll just continue on with whatever I'm doing. Ryan and I are closer than ever and he's helping with keeping Nathan away. He'll be nice, but he'll get rid of him. Now, I know I can't keep him out of my life forever.. He is my boyfriend. I just don't like how he didn't just ask me first. He and I have only known each other for a while so I get that I may not have 100% of his trust. What happens when we go public in Rio? Tabloids will say anything for money even if that means it's not true so what is he gonna do when I get linked to someone else? Lash out? I just don't wanna be going through this everytime he gets jealous or whatever..

**Nathan's POV**

     Morgan and I haven't spoken in days. She's always with Ryan so whenever I go up to her, either she'll get rid of me herself or Ryan will magically read her mind and find a way to get her away from me or have me leave them alone. I've had enough. This is so childish. I know I didn't show trust when I went off on her but if you saw how she and Ryan were together, you'd question a lot of things. Tonight, I decided that I was gonna go to her room to talk to her. I had Emma make sure that she was in their room and not Ryan's. Michael's been friendly about it and not as standoff-ish as Ryan. I like the guy, I really do; but when it comes to Morgan it's like he will do whatever to keep her safe and happy and all these thing that I guess a brother should do but I just don't know what their deal is.. It was around 6:00 when I headed to the rooms. I took 5 minutes to change out of my swim stuff. My hair was still wet and I was putting my shirt on as I walked a few feet to Morgan's door. I closed my eyes and shook it off. My hand raised to knock on the door and at first I hesitated but then I did it. I heard feet and the door unlocking. When the door opened, Morgan stood there with a disappointed look on her face. I smiled at her but anger took over her face and she was getting ready to slam the door. I quickly put my hand up to stop it.

     "Morgan, wait!"

     "Nathan, I don't have time for this I'm kinda busy." 

     It was excuse after excuse for her and I couldn't stand being away from her anymore. I started raising my voice and my hand was in some sort of a fist. "If you would just listen to me!." She looked at  me in shock and I realized that I just yelled at her. I lowered my voice and unclenched my fist. Now she's let go of the door and stood there with her arms crossed. "You've just been dodging me and dodging me and I can't.." I took a deep breath and sighed. "I can't just let you slip away everyday." She grabbed my wrist and pulled me in the room.

     "You hurt my feelings. I get that you can't give me 100% of your trust but I was hoping that if anything like that happened you'd confront me first." 

     "I didn't mean to just go off on you-" She cut me off.

     "But you did." 

     I knew she wasn't just gonna listen so I just leaned down, cuffed her face and kissed her. She relaxed a little and wrapped her arms around me. I've been missing those lips so we went at it for a while. We made our way to the couch where she just sat on me with one hand on my chest and the other relaxed by my stomach. When she tried to go back a little my lips just followed and dove forward so the kiss wouldn't break. After like 5 minutes we finally stopped and she rested her head on my shoulder. "Baby, I'm really sorry. I've had a handful of other girlfriends but for some reason you're just different and I didn't like the thought of you being someone elses." She leaned up and gave me a kiss.

     "It's ok.. I'm sorry too. Just, come to me first if something comes up.. We can't be doing this in Rio whenever a rumor or speculation comes up, ya know.." I get what she's saying.. A lot of eyes are gonna be on us in Rio. We can't exactly stay out of stuff; she's uprising, I'm expected to win more gold medals, and our age difference is unusual for quite a few people. I mean, her parents know about us but when the tabloids attack they're gonna call her a kid or me a perv or something. 

     "We'll stay strong, love.. I promise." I was glad we made up. Now, I wanna go talk to Ryan and try to lighten things up a little. "Morgan?"

     "Yeah?"

     "Do you think we can go talk to Ryan? I really just want to break some of the tension between us when it comes to you.."

     "Sure, let's go." We walked down the hall to Ryan's room. She walked in as if she lived there herself. Michael called her name out from the bathroom just to make sure who was walking into his room. A few seconds after Morgan confirmed it was her, she then looked for Ryan. "Ry!" She called.. When there was no answer, she called out again. "Reez!" Ryan came out giving me a confused look.

     "What's he doing here?" He gestured towards me.

     "We made up.. He wanted to talk to you so here we are." She explained.

     "Go on.." He hesitated.

     "Look, man.. I know how important Morgan is to you, but you give me a death glare every time I'm with her.. I kinda don't deserve that, I'm her boyfriend.." I was unsure of how this conversation would go.

     "You're right.. You are her boyfriend so I'll try to lighten up more so we can all enjoy each other's company. I can't promise that I won't get pissed if you hurt her but I will definitely try to lighten up.."

     "Woo, thanks man. I've missed just chilling with you guys.. Thanks, it really means a lot." Both Morgan and I had relieved faces and I was ecstatic. This was fantastic.