Rio

Rio came and it was the night of the opening ceremony. Michael, Ryan, Nathan, and I decided not to go because we all had races the next day. Our rooms in the Olympic village were right across the hall from each other. Nathan and I ended up sharing one because Matt got a room with Annie. Of course, Ryan and Michael shared one and Emma shared with Missy. 

     The four of us went out for some food and a little tiny bit of some sight seeing before calling it a night at like 2:30 PM. When Nathan and I got back into the room we both just plumped down on our beds. He claims that they were a little bigger than the beds in London but they looked the same. We were going to push them together later on but he and I were too tired at the moment.

     I was staring at the ceiling when out of nowhere I found myself saying; "I can't believe I'm here."

     "I can." Nathan said. You've worked so hard and you deserve every bit of this. Getting chosen to be on the team, dating me, and making it to Rio."

     "You're so sweet, love." I turned my head to face him and gave him a smile. 

     "Let's get these beds together, I wanna cuddle." He demanded.

     We both got up and I tried helping but he pretty much did all the work. When we finished, he was the first on the bed and patted the space next to him.

     "Babe, are you sure we should be sharing a room?" I asked.

     "Well, yeah, why not?" He questioned back. "Are you uncomfortable or something? I mean we've been in the same bed before but if you're not down to, I won't make you stay.."

     "No, no, no.. It's just we've been dating for almost 3 months and you've been pretty composed with you know.. Your.. needs." I shyly said.

     "About sexual activities?" He asked. He laughed for a couple seconds then explained. "Morgan, I'm letting you decide when you're ready.. I didn't wanna seem like a perv if I asked you.."

     I cut him off, "You can talk to me about anything, Nathan.."

     "I know, I know.. But I've only been with one girl sexually and having you is enough so, when you're ready, we can talk about it then."

     I've thought about it for a very long time and I don't know if I was crazy but I think I'm ready. "Nathan, I know we have some of the biggest races of our lives tomorrow, but I think I'm ready.. I want you to be my first." I couldn't believe what just came out of my mouth. He knew that I was still a virgin but oh well. 

     "Morgan are you sure? I would love to be your first but what if you're sore tomorrow and you can't swim to your full potential because of that? I wouldn't want you to be disappointed."

     "You have a point there but I know you're the one I want to be with. I don't know if you feel the same way but I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with you.." I awaited a response thinking I was stupid for practically saying that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him but he didn't fail to make me feel better with his answer.

     "Well you know what.. I feel the same way. I want you to have my kids and to marry me one day. I love you with all of my heart and I just want you to be happy even if I may not be. I promise you I will be your first when this is all done. You and I have a crazy couple of weeks ahead of us so we better rest." 

     We changed out of our clothes and I spent the rest of the night in Nathan's arms. I had underwear and Nathan's huge shirt on while he was just in shorts. We watched some of the opening ceremorny before we fell asleep together. I felt so safe in his arms like nothing could hurt me and I was sure that he was going to be there with me every step of the way.