{12}

(Zoey's POV)
It hurts. Everything. Hurts.
I finally pick myself up off the floor, the blood isn't pouring everywhere anymore. I go downstairs to grab some paper towels to clean up my mess, everyone is still downstairs. Brennen is there. I hide my wrist behind my back, Colby looks a little concerned "Hey Zoey! I thought you were asleep, come join us!"
"I'd love to but I have to clean my room. Plus I'm super tired," I grab cleaning supplies and head back upstairs "goodnight!" I yell. They yell back.

I'm blasting sad music to keep numbing the pain and to quiet my sobbing. As I start cleaning I hear a knock on my bedroom door. "Ugh just a minute I'm changing!" I say to give me more time to cover everything. I wipe tears from my eyes and open the door, it's of course colby.
"If you were awake I was just coming to say goodnight." He explains "are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"
"I was just wondering. You seemed off as soon as you saw brennen downstairs and I need to make sure you're okay."
"Yeah no im good" I say partially hoping he'll see my pain but also not wanting to explain my relapse.
Colby brings me into a big hug and he holds me tight, "I love you zoey"
"I love you too colbs" I say holding him tighter, then letting go, "wait, can you stay in my room please?"
"Yeah for sure, what's up?" He kisses my head
"I'm just yeah"
"You're just what? Are you sure everything's okay?" Colby makes himself comfortable on my bed.
"Yes, I'm just having a day, since brennen came over"
"Oh yeah, makes sense. Well get over here! I gotta protect my lil princess" he says snuggling me.
We're both ready to sleep, he's in grey sweatpants and no shirt and I'm in sams long sleeve shirt & panties. I got unlucky and have the hot room. Ugh.
Colby brings me into his chest, this is gorgeous. We're just laying here, I hear his heartbeat and it's such a beautiful pattern. I start dozing off to sleep.
~~~
I woke up to colby rubbing my back. "I love you Zo, just know that"

(Colby's POV)
I woke up before Zoey, god I'm happy she's mine. She sleeps like a demon though. her body is everywhere, but it's funny because she's the softest thing i've ever seen.
I want to get ready, but I want to stay with her. "I love you Zo, just know that." I say rubbing her back and giving her a kiss on the forehead. Zoey brings me into a tight hug, we both just lay on her bed.
"Zoey, we need to talk" i'm worried for her health. ever since Brennen was here she's been a bit off.
"How are you? like since brennen has been here? ever since he came over you've just been a bit off, and i completely understand that it would make you uncomfortable, but did anything else happen?"
Zoey got all teary eyed and just started bawling. "nothing happened. i'm fine." she snaps wiping the tears off of her face. as she's getting up i grab her arm to stop her from going anywhere. and that's where i felt a scab, oh no, Zoey. I beg, I really hope she didn't harm herself again.. "Zoey..show me your arms."
"No, i'm fine. I don't need to show you my arms if i'm doing okay. alright? just let me go."
"Zo, show me your arms, please baby. i'm worried. sit, talk. anything. please" i say choking up a couple of tears.
"i'm sorry colby" she says, rolling up her sleeves and looking away as if she's ashamed of the situation.
There are so many lines. my poor baby. what happened?
"Aw, Zoey. Look at me," i say grabbing her face.
"i love you. please baby don't do this. you don't deserve this," tears are falling from both of our eyes, we're an emotional mess. i kiss her soft lips
"what did he do?"
"Colby..he didn't do anything."
"Zoey! please i'm your safe place remember? you can tell me what happened. i'm worried, and i need to kick his ass."
"he came over" she starts hesitantly, "and well to begin with actually he had texted me, i didn't know it was him until he busted into my room" she says, showing me the messages.
"what a fucker" i say "Oh that bitch is getting murdered." Zoey doesn't respond, she just keeps explaining.
"and after all the messages he busted into my room..."
"..and?" i ask, trying not to pressure her too hard.
"He almost raped me again."
"i'm so sorry! what a prick, shit, we won't ever let him over and if one of the roommates does, i will kick all of their asses alright?"
"sounds good" she says with a light smile.
"can you promise me you won't do this to yourself again?"
"colby...i can't promise you that exactly, but i will promise you that i will try my hardest to not do it again."
"thank you" i say kissing her forehead. Zoey decides that she's gonna go out for the day with Kat & Devyn, so she showers, puts on her makeup and everything. "I will see you later colby!" she yells from downstairs,
"Stay safe!" i yell back.

authors note: aH um the lowercase letters are intended. i enjoy writing with lowercase. idk it looks better in my opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️. but ooo will colby kick brennens ass next time he comes over? we'll have to find outtt ;)