{25}

i will be finishing this book here soon. i had more ideas, i've just lost all motivation for this book. i'm sorry

it's been about a month since colby and i did it for the first time, and honestly looking back i loved it. he is so comforting to me. we haven't really done it since, he's been kinda avoiding me.

what did i do?

i wake up and head in to take a shower, i'm going out today. the colby whole subtly ignoring me is getting to me. i'm worried he just wanted to screw me and leave, but i know that it possibly can't be the case. he must be stressed with his channel-it always seems to get to him.

i start the shower, turning the knob all the way to the hottest temperature. and without hesitation or even checking the water i jump into the shower. the water was hot. but i don't care.

i finally finish the scolding hot shower and grab a towel to wrap around my body.

"Jesus fuck!" i yell, startled to see sam sitting on the counter, on his phone.

"i want to talk to you." is all sam can say.

"yeah? well could you have atleast waited until i was out of the shower?" i scold. confused as to how important this must be for him to be in the bathroom with me while i'm naked.

he stays silent as he hands me a towel for my hair. i step out of the shower covered up by a towel around my body.

"so..can i change or does this need to happen right right now?" i ask

"zoey i just needed to catch you before you left to go out." he replies, looking nervous. i'm getting more and more scared

"uhh o-okay." i stumble, uncomfortably

we both walk out of my bathroom and into my room as he sits on my bed with his head in his lap, indicating that i can change and he won't watch.

"alright what's up?" i ask sitting on the bed beside him, touching his forearm.

"...colby..he uh he wants me to take you out" he spoke softly.

what does he mean by 'take me out?'

"like on a date?" i ask furrowing my brows in confusion.

he chuckles softly, "no oh my gosh silly, like he needs you out of the house. and needs me to make sure you're out until he's ready for you to come home"

"okay, that's not a big deal, right? i don't understand why you needed to catch me in the shower." i notice how he's still acting extremely nervous. what the hell? this has to me more than just getting me out of the house.

"i know, maybe my judgement was wrong. i just didnt want to yknow accidentally
come back too early or something"

"did colby, uh s-say anything to you?" i nervously ask.

"whatcha mean?" he tilts his head like a curious puppy

"i mean like...w-we had..he uh..he took my..we..we had sex, and he hasn't really spoken to me since"

"oh, y-yeah no...no don't worry about it. he just. just uh. yeah no. no need to worry." sam stumbles upon his words. speaking very suspiciously.

"hm okay" i just ignore his odd remarks.

sam gets up and i guess that's my cue to follow him out. we both get into his car, and i notice that colbys car isn't even in the driveway. why would he not want me here if he's not even working on whatever at home?

we drove out to the mall, and had a great meal in the food court. i ordered my usual greek bowl while sam engulfed a giant greasy burger down. he didn't speak much to me either. they're all being strange.

"okay..what the hell is the matter. are you okay?" it finally bothers me how odd he's acting

"just-just don't worry about it okay. i'm sorry i'm acting this way just..ignore it. i can explain once we get back"

explain when we get back? what? what are they up to. i'm genuinely scared because he's being extremely silent and weird. and he's never normally like that.

i want to brush it off, but it's really bothering me.

"mm what? why can't you just tell me, i'm not gonna spill the word to every single human out there. like whatever's going on you can tell me" i see the uncomfy in his eyes. i grasp my hand around his in comfort. he had really soft hands.

sam just shook his head and put it down, looking at the floor, "i can't tell you, not yet." he mumbles out

"okay YOU have to tell me now, you know how much i hate surprises!" they do. surprises make me angry and filled with anxiety. i don't even know why.

"cmon, lets go buy you some stuff" he completely ignores me. i'm gonna try to push it back. but i stand up coldly and slightly slam my chair into the table.

"kay whatever" i say and storm off putting my garbage away.

sam eventually leads me into a locally owned bookstore. this store doesn't look like a book store that would be placed in a mall. like i said it's locally owned, but i love it.

we wonder around the beautifully decorated interior with cottage style lights and fake leaves hanging everywhere. this definitely has a interior design that i'd want my house to be when i settle down.

speaking of. i completely admire the look of the store, noticing a cafe part. i see what looks to be a couple, happily as can be. they seem to be planning something out, i quite can't tell but the page looks like it could be some type of floor plan. they must be moving into together or something.

aweh. i smile and my stomach gives me butterflies as i'm imagining settling down with colby. that could be us. that might be us one day. god i just..after all we've been through, i love him so much. he's my everything.

that couple just really reminded me of colby, the way his blue eyes sparkle in the dark. and the way his hair gets formed when he wakes up. or how you can tell he's happy because when he smiles his dimples are way more prominent with way less effort.

"i love you colby" i whisper out.

~~~