{26}

colbys pov
i wake up extra early because i got a whole bunch planned and i need to get it done now.

"hey sam.." i say as i'm knocking on his door, letting him know i'm entering his room.

"dude it's like five am, what are you doing up?"

"i need your help, i know it's early but i'm doing something huge and i need you for some of it. it's for zoey" i say, sam sits up.

~~
"okay now when can we be home?" sam asks

"hm, i don't have an exact time yet but...it'll take most of the day. i'll text you when it's done. thank you so much with this sam, i appreciate it." i bring him into a hug. holding tight.

"no problem dude, i'm happy for you. you got this" he whispers into my ear. hearing sam have that much confidence in something that i'm scared could completely backfire on me brings tears to my eyes.

"hey...you got this..don't cry" he says, noticing my tears

i smile. i'm not crying because i'm sad, or anxious. just thinking about it makes me so happy. it's basically what i wanted ever since i met her and it just feels so right all of a sudden.

after the night we had sex everything changed. i got more nervous around zoey..i can't even explain why. every time i'd go to talk to her i just got shot up with butterflies and couldn't do it.

i can't lose her. i didn't want to say something wrong and have her not like me anymore. so i hid... i was scared maybe i pushed too much on her... i can't lose zoey, i'm in love with her. she's everything i've ever wanted in a person. she's perfect, she may have a dark side to her, but that makes my love all that more. she's finally been alright..no feeling the need to harm herself, and i hate to toot my own horn but i feel like i could be a big part in that. i opened my heart for her, i let her in the dark place of my head as well. i rarely let people in like that-unless of course it's sam.

she's everything

~~

i run out to the store to pick up a couple of items. i need this to be special.

i pick out some of the most gorgeous flowers they have available. i also picked up some extra groceries that we needed then i stopped at the mall. it just had opened and i rushed to the build-a-bear workshop. i pick out the most comforting bear i can find, leave it naked, get it stuffed and put a sound audio in.

"you can play a recording of a song or say something. up to you man. just press the button" the employee tells me.

i just kinda stare at him for a second then he nods and walks away.

i press the button;
"zoey..i love you. everything's gonna be fine. we'll be alright darling" i softly speak into the microphone.

perfect.

i pay for the bear and head home to start setting everything up. i got everyone out of the house because i needed this time for myself. i needed to be alone.

i set up the flowers, bear, and some chocolates in a basket. but there was something missing. i decide to write her a letter.

i decorate the room with the false leaves she loves. and some rose petals too to make it more romantic. i'm not much of a romantic guy so i don't really know what i'm doing right now.

i text sam and let him know it's time..everything's ready.

~~
a/n yes short chapter but trust me it's gonna end well. i'll try to post these back to back:)