{27}

zoeys pov
"time to go home" sam says carrying all the nonsense we bought.

he nervously shuffles to the car. i help put some stuff in the trunk then sit down on the passengers side of the car.

i'm excited. but nervous. what could colby be doing that's so personal that i can't be there?

the drive is awkward. sam seems so nervous and keeps looking at me. trying to read my face. i just smile slightly.

we pull up to the house and i see colbys car finally in the driveway. sam unlocks the door as i unbuckle my seatbelt, but he's not coming in it looks like,

"aren't you coming in too?" i ask, he looks so terrified.

"uh..u-uh no i need to go and get ykno...do some ykno stuff." he stumbles across words

"uh sam we were out for literally three hours you could've said something and gone and done your thing." i laugh but say also in suspicion.

"just go in there. by yourself okay? i'll be back" he assures me.

okay now i'm nervous.

sam drives away quickly and i'm left alone infront if the house with my heart racing and mind wondering. what if he wants to breakup? did i do something wrong? i know sam said i didn't but...but why does colby not want anyone here..? i step up to the front door grabbing the door handle, going to open it but i stop myself.

oh no.

he's breaking up with me. he has to be. there's no other reasoning for this. it makes sense on why sam is so nervous and colby has barely spoken a word to me. they're sick of me. they want me gone. i let go of the door handle and step back for a moment. i pace back and forth with this thoughts racing throughout my brain.

i finally take a deep breath and face the fear and go in.

i dont see colby anywhere. so i out of habit head upstairs to my room, just to regroup because going out can be too much sometimes.

it seems as if no ones here so i walk into my bedroom minding my own business hoping he's in there.

wow

"c...colby" my voice barely gets out. i notice all the flowers and rose petals and decorations.

"hey sweetheart" he nervously chuckles.

"this is all...wonderful, i...i love it" i still say i'm shock.

colby walks over to me and puts a cute white flower in my hair. he cups my cheek and brings me in for a kiss..

wow

everything, every touch, every breath felt magical. it all felt so right. the passion and meaning in his kiss was unreal. he detatches his lips from mine

"zoey...i'm..i'm..in love with you now please don't freak out. you don't have to feel the same, but after that night, all i ever wanted was you. you make me who i am zoey, and i couldn't be this happy without you" he says, smiling so hard his dimples are basically tattooing themselves into his cheeks. i look up at him in complete awe to see him this raw with his emotions

"colby...i..i love you, too" i say as his face goes from worried to relaxed within milliseconds.

he hands me a letter from the basket, it had my name on it.

"just read it.." he encourages.

i am confused as to why he wouldn't just say whatever he wants to say out loud. that is until i read the letter

Zoey, my gorgeous, loving, caring, and most important thing to me in the entire world. i love you. if you're reading this it probably means something big has happened or is happening.
ever since the day we met. i felt a click between us. and the click felt magical. i was often up late caught in a dream where i could see you in every moment of my future. i want you, not i'm a sexual way of course but in a 'i want to grow old with you' zoey you're my person. i've changed so much for the good because of you. i see myself in ways i never did before. i never thought i was ever capable of love, that i wasn't worthy to be loved by someone else. but you, damn i sure hope i'm worthy enough to be loved by you. all of your little things mean everything to me. even the dark stuff that you're still working through, that's a big part of you, and i love you for how far you've come considering everything. zoey you may not understand completely how much you've accomplished or how much credit you deserve-which is a lot by the way. if this doesn't work out and you don't feel this same way just do me a favor.
never be afraid to smile.
your smile could light up worlds from here. your smile makes every bad thing go away. your gorgeous smiles give so much joy to those around you.
i want you in my future. i need you in my future. you're my home. and i'm proud to say i love you. i love all the memories we've made, and all the battles we've fought. you're worth so much more than you credit yourself.
i love you Zoey.
love, Colby

tears basically freely flow down my face as i look up at colby. he seems nervous for my reaction. i physically can't say anything. this is what i've wanted anyone to say to me, but the fact that it's the man i'm in love with makes it so much better.

"c..colby i..i.." i could barely make out, i run up to him engulfing him into a hug.

"i love you so much you don't even understand" i say through full sobs. colby brings me back from a hug, looks down at me and smiles.

"well..then i guess it's time" he says while stepping back, confusing me.

"zoey..i want you in my future. so.." he kneels down, grabs something out of his pocket,
"spend the rest of your life with me...marry me" he says holding out a ring.

this can't be real this can't be real this can't be real!!!

"colby are you sure..?" i ask cupping his cheeks in my hands

"yes, zoey i only want you." i smile as more tears flow out and hug him

"i want to spend the rest of my life with you too. so yes i will marry you." i say into the hug as he stands up and lifts me off my feet and twirls us around. he then puts me down and brings me into a big passionate kiss. his tongue decides to take over my mouth taking my breathe away.

he pulls away having a whimper leave my mouth, but puts the ring on my finger and somehow it fits perfectly.

i love colby