Chapter 10

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V.

He was such an irresponsible person. How could he forget to get the items for his friend? Yeesh.

Ko's chain and collar clanked behind him as they roamed through the crowded mall. 

"Ah! Here it is!" Hajime entered the music store.

Pianos, guitars, and drums, as well as many other instruments lay organized in the store. Slow music drifted through the air, tempting people to sleep. 

Hajime looked through his list. He had made it to remind himself of the things she needed, and to also to make sure that he didn't forget anything. 

"Uhm. Hello?" Hajime spoke to the cashier.

"Yes?" she replied. Her nails were creating annoying tapping noises on her desk.

"I'm here for Ibuki Mioda's requests."

"Oh, of course."

The lady disappeared into a small storage room. Piano notes played behind Hajime. He turned around to see Ko on the piano, his fingers flying across the keys. 

"Hey." 

Ko stiffened, but then relaxed when he realized that it was only Hajime.

"Never. Ever. Randomly talk to a pianist when they're playing in complete silence," he glared.

"I never knew you could play the piano."

Ko grinned slightly. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me."

The lady at the counter had returned. "Sir, here are your items."

Three humongous sized boxes that were as tall as Ko. 

"Oh. Thank you," he smiled at the woman. 

"You're welcome," she replied and returned to whatever she was doing before.

Hajime's gaze shifted to Ko.

"Uh. Hehe. Would you mind helping me?"

Ko picked up two of the three boxes, walking out the door.

"Hey, wait! Don't push yourself! Your wound only closed up yesterday!"

"Geez... don't be so protective. It's supposed to be the other way around. How many times do I have to repeat that?" he joked.

A click of a camera sounded in the shop.

"Huh? Wha?" 

The lady sitting behind the counter smirked. It wasn't an "I'm going to stalk you to get your phone number" smirk, but one of a kind that Hajime had never seen before. A matchmaker's smirk.

"I ship," Was all she said.

"What?" Hajime raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing, nothing. Do whatever you were doing. I'm not here. Have fun." She spun around to face the wall, her shoulders shaking with laughter.

Hajime's suspicion increased, but he brushed it off his shoulder like it was nothing. 

Ko was waiting outside the store when he came out.

"So what now?"

Hajime scratched the back of his head. 

"Well. Er. Since you can be separated from me when we're in the same building, would you mind to wait in the food court? My friend doesn't know about you and uh...."

Ko nodded understandingly. 

"Of course I'll wait. I'm-"

"No. Shut up. No more of that crap."

Hajime turned around. His arms gripped the three boxes and heaved it up to his waist level with a grunt. 

"I'll take things from here. You can go wait." He commanded.

"Oh... okay." Ko hesitantly said. 

What was this? Why did Ko hesitate? 

Hajime didn't think much about it. 

A loud voice disrupted his thoughts. 

"HAJIMEEEEEEEE! OVER HEEERREEEE!" The voice called out to the brunet.

Peeking behind the boxes, Hajime could see a black haired girl with pink and blue highlights running towards him, waving frantically. Since he couldn't wave due to the boxes, he stopped and smiled at her.

"Ibuki is so glad! Ibuki thanks Hajime for doing this for her!" She beamed.

"You're welcome...." he blushed out of embarrassment of the praise.

"What do you want me to do with this?" He tilted his head towards the stack of boxes that were starting to take a toll on his scrawny arms. 

"Oh! You can place it on Ibuki's cart!" She motioned to the wheelie next to her.

As Hajime struggled to crouch down while holding the boxes to place them on the transport device, Ibuki spoke up.

"Hajime... When are you going to return to school? You know, the whole class has been worrying about you. How long is your suspension even?" She asked curiously.

Hajime smiled softly. His actions... had led him to consequences. In this case, it was suspension from his school, Hope's Peak Academy. But it was for a good reason. He didn't mind at all if it helped his classmates. He was a burden anyways. 

"I'm going to come back soon, but don't wait for me. Go on and don't give a thought about me." He laughed.

Ibuki's smile faded.

"Don't talk about yourself like that! Everyone cares about you!"

"Well anyways," Hajime changed the topic. "What are you doing with all these items anyways?" 

"Oh!" Stars danced in Ibuki's eyes. "Ibuki and her friends are going to make a party!" 

Hajime laughed carefreely. How long had he felt this relaxed? Probably one month ago, when his suspension started. It really did take a toll on him. Oh well. It was for a good purpose at least. He was able to protect someone, so it didn't matter what his consequences were. 

"When is this party going to be held?" He asked the grinning Ibuki. 

"Ibuki cannot tell~ It's a secret!" She winked while sticking her tongue out halfway.

Hajime sweatdropped. He sometimes forgot how optimistic Ibuki was. 

Ibuki checked the time on her phone. 

"Uh oh. IBUKI'S GONNA BE LATE! GOODBYE, HAJIME!" She ran off with the wheelie in a hurry.

"Uh... Bye?" he replied slowly. 

He laughed to himself. His friends were so weird. But he cared about them, even if they were crazy.

He let out a long sigh. To be honest, Ibuki wasn't his classmate. Neither were most of his friends. All of his friends were from the main course, which was only for the talented. It was no place for ordinary people like Hajime. Instead of the main course, Hajime was placed into the Reserved course, which he got in due to his parents paying a large sum of money for his expensive education. Hope's Peak Academy was a very special school, made of specials, for the specials. The others, like Hajime, had to pay to get in.

Better not to dwell on those times. He still had to wait for his suspension to end before he could actually go back to the school. He wasn't eager to go back, though. Not after that happened.

Oh yeah. I forgot that I had dragged Ko here. I should probably go back to check up on him... He thought to himself when he started walking back to where he started.

When he arrived at the food court, everything blurred out around him; the voices in the food court zoned out. All he could see was the gruesome scene in front of him.