Chapter 55

Glorious gore galore!

Has a nice ring, doesn't it?

Hehe~
________________________________________________________________________________

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V.

Hajime's breath was caught in his throat, and he couldn't seem to breathe. It was as if his lungs had collapsed at the sight of his friends as hostages.

This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real. He told himself over and over again, the mantra being the only thing that kept his sanity together.

Ko had now fallen silent, his jade eyes wide with fear and pain between labored pants.

Hajime's tongue was glued to the roof of his mouth while his hands trembled with fear.

Immense, dark, dreadful fear overwhelmed him to the point that he couldn't think properly.

The boy he loved was in mental and physical pain because of him. And now his classmates? Why did everything have to revolve around him?

"Are you ready for round two?" Junko snickered from the intercom.

Hajime was too afraid to answer the peach-haired mastermind.

Without further notice, the girl pressed a button, and at once, all the binding and restraints fell from his friend's hands and legs.

"What the hell is happening?" Fuyuhiko demanded, jabbing his index finger at the screen.

Hajime wanted to believe that these people were not his actual classmates and that his real ones were somewhere at Hope's Peak, unaware of his situation.

But... they sounded so real, exactly the same voices he'd heard a thousand times before. It couldn't possibly be real. It was only Junko playing with his mind, like marionettes on strings.

"You want to know what's happening?" Junko asked innocently, tapping her chin in thought. "Then why don't you ask your little friend here?"

The camera swiveled toward the brunet, who was wrapped in bandages everywhere. displaying his current conditions to his friends.

"Hajime? Whoa, dude. What happened to you?" Kazuichi tried to joke, but his sense of humor was crushed by the heavy tension in the room or whatever place they were in.

"He's the one who's going to watch you die!" The peach pigtailed female giggled, throwing her hands up in the air cheerfully.

"What the hell do you mean by 'die'?" Nekomaru balled up his hands into fists, glaring into the camera.

As if on cue, a large kitchen knife whipped through the air, embedding itself in the wall one inch in front of Nekomaru's face.

The whole class fell silent in shock and surprise as they turned their heads to the person who had thrown that weapon.

"Teruteru? Why?!" Sonia stifled a gasp with her hand.

"I-I need to save my mom..." he mumbled incoherently with a crazed look twinkling in his eyes.

It was the student massacre again.

The brunette squeezed his eyes shut in an attempt to escape from this horrible nightmare.

The problem was, he could shut his eyes, but he wasn't able to manually turn himself deaf to the continuous screaming of his friends.

"Can you feel the despair now, Hajime Hinata?" Junko cackled. "Feel it! Isn't it the most pleasant thing you've ever felt in your life?"