Chapter 52

Ko's Third Person P.O.V.

Faint mumbling noises flowed in and out of his ears as he faded in and out of consciousness.

"Let's.... fun... we?" A blurred voice spoke.

Suddenly, a cold liquid drenched his white locks of hair, causing him to open his eyes and gasp at the freezing temperature.

His body shuddered as the cold water soaked into his already drenched shirt.

Where was he?

"Ko!" A familiar voice yelled at him.

Looking up in front of him, the albino realized that he was a few feet away from Hajime, who was restrained onto a chair.

But what shocked him the most was that the brunette's body was covered from head to toe in white bandages.

"Hajime?" Ko attempted to run over to the boy. However, his arms and legs were chained up to a wall. He struggling to pushed against the iron cuffs, but they refused to move.

"Upupupupupu~" A female's voice laughed from the corner of the room.

A orange blonde haired girl appeared from the shadows with a white and black bear in her arms.

His mind didn't need to think twice before he blurted out her name.

"Junko Enoshima." He growled, baring his teeth at her.

"Awww~ Aren't you glad to see me? It's been so many years since we last met." She purred.

"If you're here then Kamakura must be too."

"Ding ding! Your lover boy already knows the truth, so you don't need to hold anything back." She tapped her chin. "But I am curious about how you are managing to sit in front of him without feeling any pain. After all, Hajime did say that he never wanted to see you in his life again."

Ko's eyes narrowed.

"Like hell I'm going to tell you."

"He probably used the forbidden action." Izuru calmly spoke from within the unlit part of the room.

"Ooooo, you mean the shared kiss?" Junko laughed behind her hand.

"What forbidden action?" Hajime croaked out.

A pang of fear went through Ko. If the two despairs figured out how he had broken the oath, who knows what they'll do?

"The forbidden action. When the 'fictional' character gives their soul to the person they're supposed to protect." The black haired male tapped on the book in his lap. "In that case, if they don't have a soul, they can break the blood oath whenever they want, and won't experience as much pain as they would normally if they disobeyed it."

"Oh! You mean the first kiss they had? Upupupu~" Junko cackled.

The servant bowed his head, not meeting Hajime's questioning gaze.

"Enough chitter-chatter," Junko waved one of the bear's hand in the air like a fist. "Iiiit's punishment time!"

Taking a vial of green liquid from the topmost shelf on the wall behind her, she dipped a syringe inside the bottle, extracting the liquid within it.

She strode over to the albino hanging from the wall, smiling widely.

Ko tried to hide his neck as best as he could in his jacket, but due to his position, the syringe slipped into his skin anyway.

"This should be fun. Pain amplifier, made by Panda." She suddenly sighed. "Twas a shame he died."

Ko did not like where this was going. Not only because of the pain amplifier drug that was inserted into his bloodstream, but also because of the look that Junko was giving the boy he loved.

"Now, now. What would cause you the most despair, Servant?" She caressed Hajime's cheek with her long red nails. He flinched away from her, but that only made her grip his tanned face with two palms instead of one.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Ko growled, shooting forward. His arms rippled with pain as the metal cuffs jabbed into his bony arms.

"Hmmmm... What should we do with you?" Junko took a small scalpel from inside the bear.

Using the tip of the blade, she slowly dragged it across the injured male's skin. Hajime shut his eyes in pain.

The albino's nerves were burning while the mastermind carved a semi circle on the brunette's cheek.

"STOP!" Ko bellowed at the female with rage. "DON'T TOUCH HI-"

He broke into a fit of coughing, his lungs suddenly becoming smaller.

Junko stopped, interested in why Ko was coughing.

"Hanahaki disease is a terrible murderer if I do say so myself." She picked her lips.

"Hanahaki disease?" Hajime echoed, blood dripping down his right cheek.

"Lover boy doesn't know? Well then, it's about time you showed him."

She punched the servant in the gut with all her might. Ko hunched over, his abdomen barking with pain. His stomach flipped, and he felt the sweet taste of jasmine again.

Hajime stared agape at the albino, his hatred for the white haired boy disappearing.

"This is your fault by the way." She pointed a polished nail at the brunette's face. "Rejecting him one day after you confess? Tsk, tsk. Such a bad boy. You should be punished." Her eyes glittered maliciously.

"I don't understand..." The clueless brunette breathed out. "...How?"

"You neglected the fact that my poor sweet cinnamon bun still had strong feelings about you. They were real. We never tampered with them or anything. I would never. He is my favorite." She shrugged. "But then you said you hated him, and the disease returned like a boomerang."

"Returned?"

"Oh my sweet cupcakes. How are you THIS dense?" Junko clicked her tongue in disappointment. "He had it way before you confessed. He practically gave you his soul. Like, duh. It should have been obvious."

Hajime's eyes filled with regret.

Ko kept his head down.

"Enough of this chitter-chatter. Now that you both know that you love each other and yada yada, it's time to begin the real fun." She placed the bear around her shoulders, prancing around the room in ecstasy. "Izuru~ Would you mind doing the honors?"

The red eyed male wheeled in a cart filled with any torture tool imaginable to mankind.

Junko spun around in circles like a child who had just received a piece of candy.

She stuck her tongue out at the brunette and albino behind her. Stretching her red lips into a shark-teeth grin, she spoke in a menacing tone.

"Which one of you shall I play with first?"