Chapter 26

Ko's Third Person P.O.V.

When Ko finished telling his story, the children had pressed him for another one. He had laughed and apologized, saying that he had to do other things.

They whined and begged him to stay, but Ko had to go look for Hajime.

He excused himself from the mob of children and went to look for the brunet.

There, on a blue sofa, Ko found Hajime sleeping soundly, with his head propped up against the wall.

Ko sat next to the brunet, admiring his features.

Hajime suddenly groaned in his sleep, his head tilting towards Ko. His brown hair fell upon Ko's shoulder, which he now used as a headrest.

"Hajime?"

Honestly, Hajime shouldn't be touching trash like Ko, but the albino let it slide for this time. The brunet had told him to stop calling himself trash and anything that downgraded his status as a human anyways.
Ko's blank face suddenly turned into a sly expression, his lips turning upwards into a smirk.

Using his pale hands, he gently placed Hajime's head onto his lap.

There. Now Ko could read while playing with Hajime's hair. It was funny how the albino had developed a minor obsession with the brunet's hair (although most obsessions are bad for your health...). He couldn't help himself. Ever since he first touched the chocolate hair, Ko was obsessed with the feeling. His pale fingers ran through the brunet's spiky locks, which weren't actually spiky and stabby. Hajime's hair was actually quite soft and luxurious.

Ko picked up the book that Hajime had taken out from a bookshelf before.

Was this a romance novel?

Ko laughed to himself.

He never knew such a tsundere like Hajime would actually like ROMANCE novels. His shoulders shook with laughter.

But at least this means that Ko could maybe have a chance...

He shook his head, his white locks drooping. He was fictional for goodness sake. His life didn't matter in this world. Heck, his life didn't matter.

He opened the book and began to read in disappointment.

~

Two hours later, Hajime stirred on Ko's lap. The pale boy's fingers immediately withdrew from Hajime's brown locks.

"Wha-? What? Ko?"

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty," Ko purred.

"How'd I get onto your lap?"

Ko felt a rush of embarrassment from Hajime. He was liking this situation even more. He was truly a genius sometimes.

"You moved your head to my shoulder and it fell onto my lap." Well, that was half the truth.

Hajime's face tinted with a rosy red color.

"You can continue sleeping on it if you like."
Hajime's ears turned a cherry red.

"Heck no!" He blushed.

Ko let out a silent laugh.

"Hey, you want to get coffee? You seem so sleepy these days, it might be good for you to get some caffeine." Ko asked the brunet.

"It is still three o'clock anyways. You only slept for two hours. No biggie."

"Sure... I haven't drunk coffee in months. Probably because I prefer milk tea over coffee."