Chapter 16

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V.

Day 3

He wanted death more than anything. He wanted it to take him away from all his suffering.

However, Celeste had not let death come to him that easily. After long agonizing hours of torture, she was displeased at the fact that Hajime had not yet broken like she wanted him to.

After every session, Hajime would be patched up by the medics so that he wouldn't die. He refused his food so often that Celeste had no choice but to inject nutritional fluids into the brunet's body to stop it from collapsing due to malnutrition. She didn't want her toy to die after all. She wanted to have more fun with him first, and see the emotion on Hajime's face as he broke, both mentally and physically.

She spun the wheel the second time this week. It landed on mental. Her favorite.Not so much of Hajime's though.

The brunet would take on physical torment any day. He would do anything but mental torment.

His sanity would almost be thrown off the edge of his mind sometimes.

The thought of being strong and doing it for the greater good was the only thing that held it in check.

Hajime hated the mental tortures.The dreams would fondle with his mind, casting illusion upon illusion until he couldn't tell the difference between reality and dreams anymore.

Oh, how he wished he could die. If only that witch let him. He wouldn't surrender his weakness 

to Celeste that easily.

She would just have to find it herself. Good luck to that.

Day 4

Physical torture today. It was like a carousel of agony. Every day, filled with torment until Hajime's body couldn't take it anymore. He had forgotten about Ko and his feverish state right now. It was that bad.

Scars littered Hajime's pale skin that seemed to hang off his bones.

Blood and sweat mixed together, crusting his brown hair.

His eye sockets were sunk in, he almost looked like the walking dead. But he wouldn't give in just yet. He still had a trump card up his sleeve.

The nails on his wrist restraints were very very loose, indicating that he could pull them off anytime. As for his leg restraints, Hajime realized that he now could pull them off his ease, due to his struggling in the torture sessions.

He would make his escape today.

Hajime watched the last guard leave for break. Their footsteps receded down the hallway until it faded away. They hadn't even bothered to lock his cell door.

Incredible luck.

For defense, Hajime took a shard of glass from the mirror he had broken out of rage yesterday. Before he broke it though, the brunet had noticed that his original eye color had changed. Instead of olive green, both of his eyes were now a piercing red color, just like Celeste's. He was too shocked to think when it had changed when he first saw it. Not like it really mattered anyway.

Armed with the sharp piece of glass, Hajime limped out of his cell and into the empty hallway. 

Freedom was just at his fingertips. If only he could reach it.

He walked into a figure, his head slamming against the body.

"What are you doing out here?" The figure asked.