Chapter 17

Ko's Third Person P.O.V.

Ko felt something cool and wet being placed on his forehead. He no longer felt sick. Guilt twisted in his gut.

He had lied to Hajime.

His immune system was the weakest to sicknesses, and that was one of his major weaknesses.

In other words, he was the most vulnerable to diseases and even the simplest of them all may lead to his death.

Very slowly, he opened his eyes. This time, the ceiling was familiar. He chuckled to himself. Had Hajime been the one taking care of him the entire time? That would be a sight to see.

"Ko! You're awake!" A timid voice appeared.
What happened to Hajime? Had he transformed into a girl? What in the world did he miss when he was unconscious?

Purple locks flew to his side as a girl in a nurse's apron rushed towards the bed.

"Mikan? What are you doing here?" He tried to say.

But the words ended up sounding like, "Mian? Wha yu doin heyere?"

His throat was extremely dry, and he couldn't form out any proper words.

Noticing this, Mikan gasped and rushed into the kitchen to get Ko a glass of water.

The cool liquid soothed his parched throat, quenching his thirst.

"Where's Hinata-kun?" He asked the nurse, tilting his head as he did so.

She blushed, her face tinted with a rosy color.

She rubbed her hands together.

"Well, you see, he left you."

Ko did not show it to Mikan, but fear clutched his heart internally. In such a short time, Hajime had left him. Was it because of guilt?

Then he realized.

Short time? How long did he exactly stay unconscious for?

The albino threw off his covers and swung his weak legs over the side of the bed, attempting to get off. He failed. As soon as he properly tried to stand up, his legs collapsed under him.

He cussed.

"You shouldn't be out of bed yet!" Mikan fussed over Ko.

"Mikan..... What day is it today?" He gazed up intently at the purple-haired girl.

She blushed yet again. What was she so embarrassed about?

"I-It's the third of March. Why?"

Ko thought for a long moment.

It was the first when he had caught the fever, which means that he had been knocked out for exactly two days.

It had been two days since Hajime abandoned him.

But something wasn't quite right, and Ko couldn't quite seem to lay a finger on what it was. He pondered over the thought, but no matter how long he wondered about what the problem was, he couldn't find it. His gut feelings were telling him that something was seriously wrong.

A faint memory surfaced at the top of his head.

"Stay here until I get back."

That was Hajime's voice. The albino had been drifting in and out of consciousness on the first day in his sickbed, so his ears had caught those words when he was half awake.

His collar even reacted to it, which means that the command was fully registered. Therefore, he could not leave this building until the brunet came back.