Chapter 39

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V

The first thing Haijime saw were strand of white hair that poked his face, tickling his nose.

"Why is the pillow so warm...?" He mumbled to himself.

"Hajime?"

Ko? What?

The brunette's eyes snapped open in realization. He was hugging Ko.

"Ko?! What are you doing in my bed?" He shouted, untangling his limbs from the albino's body in embarrassment. "I never gave you permission? How did you even end up here in the first place?"

Ko laughed, turning around to face him. Locks of white fell around his face as he did so. Hajime wanted to touch them for some odd reason.

"You were becoming restless in your sleep last night, so I came over and helped you calm down." He blinked innocently at the brunette. "But I'm not so sure how we got into that position. When I first fell asleep here, I was hugging you, but when I woke up, it was the opposite."

Well sh-

"Yep. That was your fault." Ko laughed.

The brunette closed his eyes, heat rushing to his face.

Hajime had remembered his nightmare last night. The kids at his orphanage were slicing his back open with glass shards, cutting through flesh and bone. Their shadowed faces taunted him, mocking his actions as they tried to feign his pain.

He felt so alone. So lost. So hurt. Until a pair of warm hands had enveloped his body, wrapping it in a secure hug.

"It's okay... I'm here now..." It had cooed.

The shadowed faces had suddenly disappeared into mist, and all he heard was a soothing voice at the corner of his mind, chasing away his nightmare. It had felt so relaxing.

Until this morning. Hajime couldn't believe that Ko had slept in the same bed as him, even though it was for a good cause.

"Hajime? Are you okay? You look a little pale."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Why are you worrying about me anyways?"

"I care about you. That's why I worry." Ko's eyes softened.

"Well, it's nothing. Just thinking about what happened yesterday. Nothing much."

Ko's lips turned upwards into a malicious smirk.

"So you did like it! Haha! I knew it!" He cheered.

"No. I only think of you as a friend remember? That's all to it." Hajime declared.

That was... half the truth at least. Ko was only a friend. Or was he? The albino had a very special place in the brunette's heart, but Hajime didn't know what that special place was. He assumed it was as his closest friend, and he stuck to that assumption.

Ko was a friend. Nothing more.

Then why did he feel this way? Why had he reacted to his kiss? Why was he embarrassed whenever he was around Ko? Agh. Stupid feelings and their hormones.

"Anyways, what time is it?" Hajime yawned, getting out of bed.

"It's eight thirty. We have half an hour left." Ko said in a flat tone.

"Do you think they found anything?" Hajime asked.

"Probably. Kirigiri is a fairly good detective. I bet she already found the author." Ko started changing in front of Hajime.

The brunette's eyes narrowed.

"Why are you acting like this?" He questioned.

"Act like what?" Ko replied, throwing on his jacket.