Chapter 53

Those dang one-shots that I can never seem to finish-
_____________________________________________

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V.

The blonde mastermind trotted forward on her red high heels, smiling insanely as she made her way to the brown-haired boy sitting in the chair.

Hajime struggled against his bonds, feebly attempting to inch away from Junko.

Her polished red nailed grabbed his chin, forcing the scowling teen to look up at the person he hated most.

"Ko, dear. What if I play with Haji-bean here? Surely you would mind, right?" She turned her head away from Hajime's olive eyes.

"NO!" Ko tugged even harder and more desperately at the sight in front of him.

Why did Ko still care for Hajime? He was useless and such a disappointment. After all those harsh words he had thrown at the servant, just why did Ko still have feelings for him?

"Oh hohohoho," Junko chuckled to herself, rubbing her palms together in euphoria. "It's like killing two birds with one stone! I don't even need to touch Kokopuff and he will already feel so much agony just by looking at his boyfriend suffer! How despairingly beautiful..." She mumbled to herself, salivating at the thoughts of torture.

While Junko wasn't paying attention, Hajime had began to loosen his restraints, the burning rope that cut into his wrists whenever he moved them. Little by luttle, the rope loosened and fell apart.

Why hadn't they put him in chains like they had done to Ko? Was it because he wasn't physically strong enough? Well then...

"Despairingly beautiful..." Junko stroked her blonde pigtails, staring off into the distance.

Placing a finger to his lips, Hajime silently signaled Ko not to move or utter a word.

The white-haired boy clamped his mouth shut, worry dancing in his jade eyes.

His bones groaned with every step he took, and it felt as if his insides were on fire. His leg had a slight limp due to the impact of the car, which had possibly broken it.

It was too late for Hajime to care about those minor injuries now. He had to focus on finding a way out of this situation.

Stalking into the shadows, he tried his best not to make any sounds as his olive eyes took in his dark surroundings.

All he was able to see were boxes and more boxes. Where was the exit?

"Where are you going?" A hand gripped his neck with inhumane strength.

At once, the air in Hajime's lungs escaped from his mouth, and he suddenly found himself clawing the cold hand around his throat.

Hajime was heaved up into the air, a few centimeters off the ground.

His eyes watered due to the lack of air plus the pressure of Izuru's hand.

He needed air.

He couldn't breathe.

His vision swam in darkness, the dim light of the room fading in and out.

Before he knew it, the choke hold around his neck disappeared. Instead, a searing pain tore through his back, replacing it.

Violent coughs erupted from his lungs, and he could hear Ko doing the same.

"Junko... You should be more aware of your surroundings." Izuru warned, pressing a button located on the wall.

Still smiling, Junko put up a peace sign.

"It won't happen again!"

A whirring sound came from above Hajime.