Chapter 46

Ko's Third Person P.O.V.

"This is all a game." The words tumbled out of his mouth before he could stop them.

He didn't have a choice. It was either he confess or he let the brunette die without knowing the truth.

"You're not mad.... Are you?" He asked in a timid, shaky voice.

Oddly enough, the brunette's emotions were unusually calm, the opposite of what Ko had expected.

He released a sigh of relief.

"Oh, good. I thought you'd be-"

"I trusted you. You were my friend." Hajime interrupted.

Trusted? Past tense? Friend?

The albino's eyes filled with dread as he stared at Hajime.

"So it is true when people say that love is the greatest monster of them all," the brunette chuckles coldly.

No. No, no, no, no. This was not happening.

"You destroyed my truth and faith in you. You played with my feelings. You stabbed me in the back with your lies. Your feelings for me were fake. Fake, fake, fake. And when I thought you were the one. Turns out that this is a facade anyways. Everything's a lie." He turned away from the door, now facing Ko. "Listen uo, and listen closely. I only have three words for you."

He advanced on the shocked albino.

"I. Hate. You."

With every word, the brunette jabbed Ko in the chest with his index finger, pushing his backwards.

I hate you. Those words were like multiple bullets that shot through his heart, shattering the fragile muscle within him.

"I'm done with this. I'm done with you. I'm done with you all treating me like some sort of puppet that you can play with anytime you want. Goodbye." He reached for the doorknob.

Before he could walk any farther out the door, the servant grabbed his wrist and pinned him to the floor, prohibiting him from leaving.

"Stop! Just hear me out! Kirigiri and I have a proper explanation for all of this!"

He met the Hajime's eyes, inwardly pleading silently that he would come to his senses and listen to Ko's explanation.

Ko's breathing suddenly staggered.

Hajime's eyes were cold. Gone were the light in his eyes, replaced by a dull, lifeless shade of green.

"I don't want to hear your excuses anymore. If you can't tell me where the author is, I'll go find him myself." Hajime pushed Ko away from him, turning towards the exit.

"Wait!" The albino placed a hand on one of the brunette's shoulders. "My feelings for you were real! They weren't manipulated!"

"Don't touch me!" Hajime bellowed at Ko, slapping his hand away. "I never loved you and I never will. I don't want to see you again ever in my life!"

The iron collar around Ko's neck heated up in response to Hajime's order.

His vision momentarily became a bright white, blinding him.

His ears caught the sound of a door slamming into its frame.

Silence.

His vision gradually came back, but his sense of sight was blurred.

"You," He breathed, turning towards Kirigiri. "You planned this all out didn't you? Requesting the meeting in the living room, just so Hajime could figure out. Isn't that right?"

The lilac detective showed no sign of response, or even a flicker of emotion.

"Yes. That was my plan. Since you didn't agree, which I had figured, I needed a Plan B. And that Plan B, well, you already know what it was."

Anger coursed through Ko's bloodstream, enveloping his mind until he couldn't think straight anymore (Not that he was in the first place).

"He's now in trouble because of you! He's going to die! Don't you care?!" Ko slammed his fists against the wooden table, nearly cracking it in two.

"Sacrifices have to be made. I'm pretty sure you know that already." She stared up at the raging albino, unfazed at his actions.

"He's the King! Not the pawn! You're just playing with him again! How am I supposed to protect him now?"

"He was just a tool in the first place. You don't need to protect a tool. He'll lead us straight to the author, since-if my calculations are correct- He had been waiting for Hajime for a long time."

Ko chucked a potted plant at Kirigiri, who didn't flinch as he did so.

"I'm finding him. There's nothing you can do to stop me." His green coat trailed behind him as he exited the house.

"I might not, but the blood oath will. Hajine specifically told you that he never wanted to see you again in his life. You realize the blood oath takes that as an order, right?" Kirigiri raised her eyebrows.

Ko's shoulders started shaking. Was she dense? He erupted with insane laughter, a hand placed on the side of his face.

"You think I would let something as simple as the blood oath keep me away from finding Hajime? Of course not!" He clutched his stomach, his laughter starting to take a toll on him.

His laughter intensified as Kirigiri realized what he had done.

"You loved him so much you did that? How did you do it? It's forbidden." She calmly spoke, more intrigued than shocked.

"I have my ways. Don't underestimate me. So now, if I have enough willpower, I can easily ignore the oath and track down Hajime despite his command. Pretty smart, don't you think?"

The girl's purple eyes focused on the psychopath, unsure of what he would do next.

"Don't bother stopping me, or else I'll have to revert to using force." Ko threatened, sending a sharp glare towards the detective.

"Why?"

Ko stopped.

"Why did you decide to do it?"

The albino smiled faintly at Kirigiri.

"Because I love him. I trust him, and therefore I completed the action. I know the consequences already. If he doesn't love me back, I'll catch the Hanahaki disease again." He stared sadly at the ground. "But that's fine with me. It doesn't really matter. All I want is for Hajime to be safe, even if it costs me my life."

He shut the door behind him, leaving a speechless Kirigiri who couldn't seem to process his words.