Chapter 40

Ko's Third Person P.O.V.

A nauseating feeling erupted in his stomach and lungs, and he felt as if he was going to throw up. Standing up abruptly, he dashed off to the bathroom without an 'excuse me'.

Locking himself in a stall, the albino threw up in the toilet, coughing.

He knew the consequences of loving someone from the real world. Even though He hadn't forbidden relationships between characters and real people, the laws of fiction still forbid it.

Now that he had fallen for Hajime, the punishment had begun. His feelings for the brunette were at its peak, where they couldn't even be explained using words or phrases.

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, the albino looked into the toilet to see what his punishment was.

Petals. Flower petals. He had thrown up white rose petals.

The Hanahaki Disease.

~

Ko lugged himself out of the bathroom, his legs too wobbly to stand straight.

He plopped back down into his seat, ignoring the concerned glances shared at the table.

"Here you go. French Vanilla and Milk Tea." The waitress placed their drinks in front of them.

"Thank you." He smiled weakly.

The scent of vanilla made him want to throw up, but he held it in.

"What are we going to do now?" Makoto asked, breaking the silence.

"We'll let the author make his first move." Kirigiri stated. "We'll have Toko on the move for us. Right Togami?"

"Yes, yes. Whatever." He grumbled, obviously displeased at the fact that he had to interact with Toko.

Another uneasy silence.

"Soooooo... How's life?" Makoto asked, smiling widely.

~

"We're just about done here, so let's leave." Kirigiri stated, standing up. Byakuya and Makoto followed her lead.

"You guys go on ahead of me. I need to use the bathroom again. Must have been the coffee." Ko laughed.

His heart broke again when Hajime walked out the door with the three.

His lungs restricted his air supply, and Ko started laughing nonstop, the scent of roses filling his mouth. He rushed to the bathroom, locking thd stall.

Hovering over the toilet again, the albino threw up another bouquet of white rose petals.

At this rate, he was going to die. For sure.

A blob of lilac met his gaze as he walked out of the doorway.

"Huh? Kirigiri? What are you doing here?"

"You're not fooling anyone." She said.

"What do you mean? I was just going to the bathroom." He lied.

"What's your punishment?" She asked him out of the blue.

There was no use in playing dumb anymore. This lady was far too smart for him.