{ 5. What Happened To You Girls? }

Right after their encounter with detective Wilden, the girls headed to one of their favorite places, Apple Rose Grille.

"Why was Jenna there?" Hanna asked, somehow rhetorically, since no one actually knows why Jenna was there.

Spencer just shrugged and played with the straw of her drink. "I guess, she's back."

Hanna was rummaging her bag while talking. "You know, that cop acted like we were suspects or something."

"Do you think we looked guilty?" Emily asked. Which earned a disapproval from Hanna. "Of what?"

"We haven't done anything wrong, Em." Aria seconded.

"Except lie about the Jenna thing." Emily said.

Kathlyn looked sharply at Emily. "We already promised that we would never bring up the Jenna thing again, right? It never happened."

Aria looked down. "Have you found a way to forget? I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes."

Kathlyn moved her head left to right indicating 'no'.

"It was an accident." Spencer said.

"Gotcha." Hanna said as she pulled out a flask from her bag. She poured the contents of the flask into her cup when she noticed an old man staring at her. "It's medicinal!" When the man didn't avert his gaze, Hanna yelled again. "Cramps!"

Spencer just looked at Hanna then looked at the girls, "I don't get how A knows something about me that only Ali knows."

"Ali knew all of our secrets... but we knew nothing about her." Aria let out a deep sigh.

"I know one." Kathlyn said. "But it's not much."

"Go on. Talk." Hannah urged.

"Ali was seeing someone that summer." Kathlyn started. "An older guy and..."

"And?" The girls grew impatient.

"He had a girlfriend." Kathlyn continued.

"Who was it?" Spencer asked Kathlyn.

Kathlyn sighed. "I don't know. I never got his name."

"Kath, that's only half secret." Hanna mocked.

"I told you it's not much and that's more than you've ever gotten from her."

The girls continued their talks about how they wish Ali just eloped with a hot guy, swimming somewhere, having fun, until Jenna entered the shop. As if on cue, all five of them stood up at the same time, picked their bags, and made their way out of the Grille.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

The next day a.k.a Kathlyn's most-awaited day. Kathlyn saw Hanna at the lockers area with her boyfriend, Sean, and walked towards the couple. Emily was also walking towards the lockers with Aria. Spencer, on the other hand, just came out of a room.

"Will the following students please come to the office. Kathlyn Evans, Spencer Hastings, Emily Fields, Hannah Marin, and Aria Montgomery."

The girls looked at one another, confused.

"What now?" Hanna asked, more like, rhetorically.