{ 13. Jungle Red }

Kathlyn entered the Evans' house with Ethan right behind her, "Gran's out and Jack's with his friends."

Ethan didn't know what to reply to the girl so he just stayed quiet. Both of them were busy setting up their laptops, books, and other stuff when Kathlyn's phone suddenly beeped.

"Stealer of crown. Stealer of man."
ㅡ A

Ethan noticed the horrified look plastered on Kathlyn's face so he tapped the girl who let out a screeching scream.

"Kath! Kath! Calm down!" Ethan shook the girl to stop her screaming.

"I-I'm sorry..." Kathlyn said then hurriedly walked to their kitchen area to grab a drink.

"Someone's watching..." Kathlyn thought.

"Are you okay?" Ethan asked while slowly approaching the brunette.

"Yeah..." Kathlyn answered without looking at Ethan.

"I-I can go if you wanna be alone."

"No! No, no, we have to do our project right?" Kathlyn frantically said, she doesn't want to be alone now that she knows that someone's watching her.

The two continued with their Biology project, but Kathlyn suddenly fell asleep on her arms and while lying on her stomach. Ethan, on the other hand, found it real hard to focus on what he was doing because of the little distancr between his face and Kathlyn's face, as he was leaning on the sofa where Kathlyn was sleeping.

Ethan stopped on what he was doing and removed his jacket. He laid it on top of Kathlyn to keep the girl warm. Unknowingly, his face was inching closer and closer to Kathlyn's that he didn't notice that someone had opened the front door.

"Hey!" Ethan urgently moved away from Kathlyn to greet the owner of the voice.

"What's happening?" Jackson asked, confused.

"Uhh, she fell asleep." Ethan reasoned out, hoping that Jackson didn't catch what he was about to do a while ago.

Jackson then just nodded and walked towards her sister. He started shaking his sister to wake up, "I bought food."

Kathlyn, Ethan, and Jackson all enjoyed their dinner, then it was time for Ethan to leave.

"Jack, I'll walk him out and then I'll head to Spencer's." Kathlyn told her brother.

"Should I wait for you?" Jackson asked without looking up from his Nintendo player.

"Nah, lock the doors. I have my keys." Kathlyn said and then she walked out of the door with Ethan following behind her.

Once outside, Ethan offered to walk the girl to Spencer's house.

"No need, I can go there on my own." Kathkyn politely rejected and smiled at Ethan.

"It's on the way..."

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Deafening silence covered their walk. Kathlyn was busy thinking about 'A', while Ethan's still feeling guilty of what he was about to do when Kathlyn was asleep.

"So..." Ethan broke the silence and pointed at the Hasting's house.

"Wow! I didn't notice that we're here already." Kathlyn said.

The two bid goodbye.

"Be careful on your way back." Ethan said to Kathlyn, then he left to go home.

Kathlyn entered Spencer's house where she saw all the other girls also.

"You guys are here, too?" Kathlyn asked.

"Was that Ethan Andrews?" Hanna asked.

Kathlyn just nodded and ignored the meaningful looks her friends gave, "What are we gonna do about A?"

"She has a lot of time in her hands, seriously." Hanna sarcastically said.

"And she or he or it is everywhere." Spencer added.

Aria touched her cellphone for a bit then looked at her friends, "So what do we do now?"

"Same question." Hanna blurted out.

"It was your idea to shut her out." Emily point out.

"Well, you all went along with it." Hanna retorted.

"Girls, calm down." While Spencer waa trying to stop the boiling argument, Kathlyn noticed a shadow on top of the stairs, which is definitely not normal since the rest of the Hasting's are out, according to Spencer.

"Spence."

"I saw a shadow there." Kathlyn said and then they all ran upstairs. And right after opening the door to Spencer's room, they all collectively screamed. Something was written on Spencer's vanity mirror, in bright red.

"You can't shut me out."
ㅡ A

Emily then noticed a bracelet just inches away from the dresser, "Ali's bracelet!"

"How?" Kathlyn rhetorically asked, she had that bracelet kept away on her table.

"Is that jungle red?" Hanna asked while looking at the writing.

"Alison's color." Spencer said.