{ 31. I'm Sorry }

"Okay, so what are gonna do again?" Kathlyn asked Spencer as they sat down outside the Brew.

"I am going to call the place." Spencer simply answered as she started typing on her cellphone.
[ Spencer's conversation with the receptionist in Hilton Head ]

"Hi! I am planning to surprise my husband and he just cannot stop talking about the room he had on his last visit."

"Yeah."

"Uhh, can you pull up that reservation?"

"His name's Ian Thomas."

"Yeah, thank you."

While Spencer was talking on the phone, Emily and Hanna arrived. But as they sat down, they saw Agent Cooper exit the Brew. They exchange some pleasantries with the woman who told them that she's gonna stay for quiet some time in Rosewood until they find the killer who killed Alison.

As soon as the woman left, the girls turned to Spencer.

"Ian definitely went to Hilton Head the same weekend Ali went there." Spencer told them.

"But that doesn't prove anything." Kathlyn said.

"Well, except that fact that it proves that whatever Ali wrote on that tree you guys saw is real." Hanna commented.

"A tree that's not existing already." Kathlyn pointed out.

———————————

The girls walked to Rosewood High together but went on their separate ways. Kathlyn was on her way to her gym locker to deposit her training outfit there when she passed by Mr. Fitz's room where she saw the teacher and Noel talking. It piqued her curiosity so she went near the door, masking her eavesdropping agenda by fiddling on her phone.

Noel: This is a brand new paper, and trust me, this is worthy of an A.

Ezra: This is the same essay, you just reprinted it.
Noel: Well, the last time we talked, I wanted an A. This time, I need an A. Just a few strokes of your pen. What's so hard about it?

Ezra: If you are asking me that question, then you wouldn't understand the answer.

Students started entering the classroom.

Random Guy: Noel, what are you doing here? Looking for Aria? Are you two still hooking up?

Noel: The thing about Aria, she's into older guys.

Ezra: I'll re-read your paper tonight, give it to me.
Noel: Thank you, Mr. Fitz.

"Fvcking Kahn." Kathlyn thought. She followed Noel as soon as he left the classroom.

"I told you to leave him alone." Kathlyn shouted at Noel.

"I didn't do anything, just gave him my paper." Noel defensively said.

"Really?" Kathlyn crossed her arms across her chest, "I heard your conversation, Noel. Don't fvcking lie to me."

Noel walked closer to Kathlyn, "I really don't get why you are protecting that Fitz. But I need that A and if I don't get it, the principal is just right next to us." Noel threateningly said and looked at his right side, where the principal's office is located.

She watched Noel as he walked away, greeting friends as he walks by them. She's protecting Aria, yes. But she's also protecting Ezra Fitz. She knows how complicated things are for her friend and the professor. She'd know.