{ 27. Noel Kahn }

The girls were seated on the waiting area of the hospital then Mrs. Marin came out of Hanna's room. 

"Is she alright, Mrs. Marin?" Kathlyn asked the woman. 

"She's gonna be fine. She has a broken leg and a broken ankle, bruised ribs, and they might have to remove her spleen." Mrs. Marin answered, "Kathlyn, what happened?" 

Kathlyn looked at her friends first before answering, "She was coming across the parking lot and this car... this car just came out of nowhere."

"They found the car." Mrs. Marin told the girls, "They said it was stolen from a campground lot." 

"Did they catch the driver?" Spencer inquired. 

"No, not yet." Mrs. Marin answered. 

"Well, maybe they should be looking for Toby Cavanaugh." Spencer said.

"It's not Toby  Cavanaugh. The police picked him up last night." Mrs. Marin told them, earning a 'what' from Emily. 

"The officer told me they found him hiding in town and they were bringing him in to the station when they got the call about Hanna." Mrs. Marin explained. 

After a few seconds, Mrs. Marin told the girls to go home and that she'll just call them when Hanna is allowed to have visitors already. 

When Mrs. Marin left them, the girls started talking about what just happened. 

"So, Toby isn't 'A' and Hanna knows who is." Kathlyn summarized. 

"That's why 'A' tried to kill her." Spencer pointed out. 

"'You think they're just trying to scare us?" Spencer asked while looking at her friends. 

"Well, it worked." Emily just shrugged. 

"Shouldn't we just tell the cops? About everything?" Aria blurted out. 

"We don't have a clue of what's everything." Kathlyn told the girl. 

"What do we do now?" Emily asked. 

"Well, we talk to Hanna before we do anything." Spencer said and Kathlyn nodded, agreeing to the girl. Emily and Aria looked at one another and they stayed silent. 

"I have to go now." Spencer said and then she picked up her bag then walked out of the hospital. 

"I'll be going, too." Aria also bid her friends goodbye.

"Aren't you gonna go home?" Emily asked Kathlyn as she saw the girl not standing up yet. 

"I'mI just want to see how's Hanna's doing." Kathlyn told Emily. 

"I can stay if you want." Emily told the girl, but she was cut off by someone. 

"I'll stay with her." 

Both Kathlyn and Emily looked up to see the owner of the voice. The one and only Ethan Andrews. 

Emily looked at Kathlyn, and the latter nodded so Emily bid farewell to the girl and left the two alone. 

"What are you doing here?" Kathlyn asked Ethan as the latter sat to the seat next to the girl. 

"I was with my grans when they brought Hanna in." Ethan explained to the brunette. 

"I drove them home then came back here." Ethan continued.

"What happened?" Ethan asked when he figured the girl wasn't saying anything at all. 

"A car hit Hanna." Kathlyn said, tears forming in her eyes. 

"A car? Who was driving?" Ethan continued to ask. 

"We don't know." Kathlyn shook her head aggressively. 

"They didn't stop?" Ethan asked, holding Kathlyn's hands. 

"No, they just... They just knocked her down and drove away." Kathlyn frantically explained, tears flowing down her face. 

"Hey. Hey. Shh. She'll be fine." Ethan said comfortingly and hugged the girl, while Kathlyn continued crying. 

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have..." Kathlyn sobbed. 

"It's not your fault. It's the driver's fault." Ethan comforted the brunette. 

"You don't understand!" Kathlyn exclaimed and Ethan just stayed silent. He gave comforting strokes on Kathlyn's back. 

Ethan drove Kathlyn home, after an hour. 

"Get some sleep, okay?" Ethan told the girl as he opened the car's door, guiding the girl out. 

Kathlyn nodded at Ethan with weary eyes, "Thanks." 

———————————

"Does it hurt?" Aria asked Hanna. The girls are now at Hanna's hospital room after receiving a message from Hanna's mom, Ashley, that Hanna was looking for them.

"Yeah, kind of." Hanna wearily replied. 

"Mom, I think you should take some rest." Hanna told her mom, after a few lines of assurance and the jazz, Ashley left and Aria immediately closed and locked the door. Then, they all looked at Hanna. 

Hanna took a deep breathe before speaking. 

"Noel Kahn is 'A'."