{ 20. Backstabbed }

After the Toby news broke out, every one was shocked about it but then they have to move on. 

"Did anyone call Shelly Leonard?" Mona shouted. 

"Done." Some girl answered. 

The girls, including Mona, and some of her 'minions' are now working on the memorial they planned on having for Ali. 

"Gosh, I hope someone told that Shelly that if she plays anything depressing, I will kick in her cello." Hanna commented. 

"Oh! By the way, what about the program?" Spencer asked Kathlyn.

"Almost done. But I think it's better if we are to work together on the latter part." Kathlyn told them. 

"We should finish this before Ali's brother gets here." Spencer said out loud. 

"Jason?" Kathlyn shockingly asked them, earning confused glances from her friends. 

"Yeah, he'll be here tonight." Spencer added, "And he wants to see us in the morning."

"Why?" Kathlyn weirdly asked, "I mean, we're not exactly friends with him." 

"I barely even remember him." Hanna nodded at Kathlyn's statement.

"He was just Ali's older brother down the hall." Aria added. 

"Behind a closed door." Hanna stated in addition to what Aria said, "With that hardcore punk music vibrating the floorboards."

Emily noticed the sudden change in Kathlyn's mood so she nudged the girl. Kathlyn, seemingly lost in her thoughts, flinched when Emily nudged her and she just smiled at the girl. 

"How did he even get into an Ivy League school?" Hanna asked in a seemingly mocking tone and Spencer just shrugged. 

Emily, having no interest in their Jason topic or whatsoever, looked at the memorial Mona and her 'minions' were doing, "It's beautiful." The rest of the girls also looked at where Emily was looking. 

"Do you think Jason will like it?" Emily rhetorically asked. 

"He has no choice." Hanna answered, jokingly. 

"And years from now, people are gonna see this memorial and that's all that they'll ever know about Ali." Spencer sighed. 

"The girl they dedicated a bench to." Kathlyn finally conversed. 

"And we'll all be gone, but Ali will still be remembered." Hanna pointed out. 

"That's immortality, my darlings." Kathlyn said in an Alison tone. 

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Start of Flashback 

"I wish we could pick an age we want and then stay there forever." Hanna said out loud.

"The only way to do that is to die young, leave a beautiful corpse." Kathlyn pointed out. 

"Not a good joke, Kath." Spencer contradicted. 

Alison who was drinking, suddenly placed her glass down and then looked at her pink nails, "Haven't you guys ever thought how deliciously tragic it would be to die in some incredibly mysterious way?" 

"That would be superior." Alison added. 

"Is that really how you want to go, Ali?" Emily asked the girl.