{ 33. Dance With Me }

"She doesn't look scared." Hanna pointed out. She, or rather, they all found that Alison looks very comfortable in the video with Ian. 

"And that part? He pushed her, didn't he? And she was gripping the ground to look for a weapon!" Hanna even added. 

"Weapon to defend herself?" Spencer snapped at Hanna. 

"This is so creepy, Spencer, you are living with a creepy brother-in-law!" Hanna told her friend. 

"Okay." Aria interrupted, "Whatever or whoever he is, this just proved that he was with Ali the night she got killed." 

While the girls were talking about Ian, the video, the night Alison went missing, and Alison, altogether, Ian suddenly walked in asking for some popcorn. Afraid of Ian because of what they saw in the video, the girls went quiet. 

"Did I just walk into some kind of chic flick?" Ian jokingly told the girls and Kathlyn just did a forced laugh. 

"Thanks for the popcorn, Spence." Ian said while waving the bag of popcorn Spencer gave to him, and then after that, Ian left to go back to the barn where he and Melissa are staying. 

"Spencer, how can you even sleep knowing that he's living in your backyard?" Aria asked her friend. 

"We have to give that tape to the police. Tonight." Emily told the girls. 

"Em, they're gonna ask where we got it." Kathlyn told Emily, but was interrupted when Ian suddenly came back asking for salt. 

———————————

The next day, the girls are busy decorating for the upcoming dance. Aria and Emily's decorating while Hanna's arranging some stuff and resources as the head of the decorating committee. Spencer's busy thinking about what they should do with the video, if they are really going to give it to the police or what. And Kathlyn's busy with cheerleading team for the upcoming performance, and busy with Ethan. 

"So, you and Ethan are together, right?" Alice asked her friend as they were doing warm ups. 

"No? I mean, we are not dating." Kathlyn answered while shaking her head softly. 

"Wait, what?" Alice said, confused. 

"We haven't really talked about it." Kathlyn said, dismissing any more discussion. Alice just shrugged, Kathlyn is like an open windows but with blinds. People thinks they know her because she's the queen bee, basically, people follow her every move, her every date, her every academic achievement, her every extra curricular activities; but the truth is, people know nothing about Kathlyn — Alice, too. 

While the cheerleading team was practicing, the basketball team entered their area. 

"We got permission to use this court!" Mark told the cheerleading team, holding a piece of paper, an approval. Then Mark went to Alice and kissed the latter on the cheek, earning a glare from Bridgette. 

Ethan, on the other hand, greeted Kathlyn, "Hey!" 

"Hi." Kathlyn greeted back. 

"Are you free at lunch?" Ethan subtly asked the girl. 

Kathlyn sighed, "I really want to have lunch with you, but I already promised the girls..."

"I'm sorry." Kathlyn said and then did puppy eyes towards Ethan, which the latter just chuckled at. 

"It's okay, we have all the time in the world to have lunch." Ethan said then placed a soft kiss on Kathlyn's lips. 

"Okay, team! Line up!" Kathlyn and Ethan's conversation was interrupted when Mark called the team to gather already. Kathlyn and Ethan said goodbye to one another, and then they had a short sweet kiss before Ethan went to where his team is.