{ 22. Trashed }

After the memorial program, Ethan and Kathlyn walked towards the rest of the girls, but before that they made sure that the audience have left already. 

"What's that?" Kathlyn noticed the bracelet that Spencer was holding upon reaching her friends. And Spencer handed the bracelet to Kathlyn. 

"Jason gave it to us a while ago. He said that the police gave it to him." Spencer explained. 

"But if this is Ali's bracelet—" Kathlyn was interrupted by Hanna. 

"What was that thing we found before?" 

"Someone made a copy of Ali's bracelet?" Aria rhetorically asked. 

"And made sure that we would find it." Spencer added. 

———————————

"So why is Ethan here?" Hanna asked Kathlyn as they were cleaning and arranging the stuff they used for the program. 

"To help." Kathlyn simply replied. 

"Is he courting you?" Spencer also questioned. 

"N-no!" Kathlyn defensively replied, "We are just... friends." 

"Okay, we believe you." Hanna teasingly commented. 

After doing their responsibilities, all of them left to head home. Ethan left a bit earlier because his grandmothers are already looking for him. 

———————————

The next day is their SAT day. Despite the heavy storm, the girls and some of the other students still went to their school to take the exam, it is an important exam and they cannot miss it. 

"Why can't they just postpone this test?" Hanna complained. 

"Storm is raging outside yet here we are about to take an exam." Hanna complained more. 

"Spencer's introducing Alex to her mom?" Kathlyn asked upon seeing Alex, Spencer, and Mrs. Hastings together. 

"Maybe?" Hanna just simply replied. 

Suddenly, an announcement came from the speakers that are placed all around the school, "Test is on today. Rosewood students should register in the library."

"But half the school isn't here yet." Kathlyn pointed out and then all the girls looked around them. Indeed, most of the students are not yet there. 

"And York Street was closed off." Aria added. 

Spencer walked towards the girls, "That wasn't because of the storm." 

The girls all panned their attention to the girl who just arrived. 

"Somebody decided to pay a visit to Alison DiLaurentis' memorial and destroy it." Before Spencer could speak, someone already interrupted her. 

"Shattered the tiles, broke the bench." Detective Wilden added. 

"When did this happen?" Aria asked the detective. 

Wilden looked at Aria and shrugged, "We had cordon off the area, given it's an ongoing murder investigation."

"Maybe you can spare them the details. They're about to take their SATs." Spencer's mom approached them. 

"Right." Wilden told Spencer's mom, and then he faced the girls, "Good luck on the test, ladies."

Kathlyn  was the first one to speak, "We should probably get to the library."