{ 25. Suspect }

"Kath?" Kathlyn snapped back to reality when she heard Hanna call her name. She's still thinking about what happened with Ethan, moments ago. 

"Oh yeah, what are we talking about again?" Kathlyn immediately asked. 

"The cops are here." Spencer told Kathlyn. 

"What?" Kathlyn asked, shocked. 

"I heard they found something of Ali's." Spencer explained. 

Kathlyn was about to ask Spencer about it more, but she got interrupted by an announcement. 

"Spencer Hastings, Aria Montgomery, Kathlyn Evans, Emily Fields, Hanna Marin. Please come to the office." 

Kathlyn rolled her eyes and then stood up, following the rest of the girls to the office. 

———————————

The girls are now seated on the sofa of the principal's office's waiting area. Waiting for someone. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting." A curly-haired woman opened the door to the office and proceeded to the chair in front of the girls. 

"I am Agent Cooper." The woman introduced herself. 

Kathlyn saw the badge attached to the jacket Cooper was wearing, "FBI?"

"This is my partner, Agent Rendall." Cooper introduced the man standing next to her, "And we're here  because the Bureau was asked by the local authorities to assist in the investigation of Alison Di Laurentis' murder."

Cooper then reached out for the laptop that Agent Rendall was holding, "I want to show you something that was sent to the Rosewood police department by an anonymous source." 

Cooper opened the laptop up and then played the video. 

It was a video of Alison, talking to the camera? Or someone behind the camera. 

"Wanna see more?"

"I know you want to."

"If the girls know I was seeing you. God, they won't stop talking about it."

"I wish they were more mature, but we don't have a lot of time."

"I have to get back before they wake up."

"I know you want to kiss me."

And then after that, the camera panned down to the floor, and the video ended. 

Cooper closed the laptop and then faced the girls, "Is there anything you can tell me about the video?" 

"That was what she was wearing the night she disappeared." Kathlyn pointed out, earning a nod from the woman agent. 

"They're at the kissing rock." Hanna also pointed out. 

"Kissing rock?" Cooper asked the blonde girl. 

"It's in the woods behind the lake." Hanna answered. 

"Wait!" Kathlyn exclaimed, "She was wearing that yellow top. But that wasn't her sweater."

"Are you sure?" Cooper asked the brunette. Kathlyn nodded. 

"I think she's talking to an older guy." Emily said. 

"So-called mystery boyfriend?" Cooper inquired. 

"Ali didn't tell us who he was." Emily replied. 

"Was he an older high school boy?" Cooper asked them. 

Kathlyn shook her head, "Ali only told me enough to make it a secret." 

Noticing that the agent was confused, Kathlyn continued, "Ali liked secrets. She thought that sharing secrets would keep us close." 

Agent Cooper nodded at the girl and then handed the laptop over to Agent Rendall, "They do, but secret were made to be found out with time." 

———————————

Kathlyn was placing the plates on the table, getting ready for their dinner. 

"You got called a while ago? What was it about?" Jackson asked his sister.

Kathlyn just shrugged, as much as she doesn't want to keep secrets from her brother, she just can't involved her brother to this A fiasco. 

"They just questioned us about what we know about Ali, you know, for the investigation." 

Sharonn, who was in the kitchen, shouted out them, "Can you please turn the TV up?" Jackson then turned the TV up. 

"Authorities searched the family home earlier today, and initial reports have confirmed that a bloodstain on the sweater is a match to the victim's. If you just tuned in, police have issues a warrant for the arrest of missing Rosewood teen, Toby Cavanaugh. He is wanted for the murder of Alison Di Laurentis." 

"That sweater was Toby's?" Kathlyn thought. 

"He killed Alison?" Sharonn appeared from the kitchen. 

Kathlyn's phone then rang, the caller ID showed Aria's name. 

Aria: Did you see the news?

Kathlyn: There's no way that Ali's dating Toby!

Aria: They have proof.

(Aria was with Hanna so Hanna can also hear their conversation)

Hanna: He has to be the boy at the kissing rock, then.

Aria: Is it finally over?

Hanna: I don't think so. Toby's been missing for weeks. And it won't be over until he's behind bars.

Kathlyn: I still don't think Toby could do that.

Hanna: Kath, we all have a dark side. And you're not technically friends with Toby. So how can you be so sure that he can't kill someone?

Kathlyn: I just... know.

Kathlyn: I... have to go. I'll see you girls tomorrow.

———————————

During dinner, Alison and Toby became the topic of the three. 

"It's a good thing that they finally solved the case." Sharonn pointed out while taking a scoop of rice. 

"Hope they can find him." Jackson commented. 

"I don't think Toby killed Ali." Kathlyn blurted, earning a confused look from both her brother and grandmother. 

"Why?" Sharonn asked. 

"I just know it." Kathlyn reasoned out. Sharonn just nodded at her granddaughter. 

"Oh!" Jackson suddenly exclaimed, "Ethan asked me about you a while ago." 

Kathlyn looked at her brother, "What?" 

Jackson shrugged, "I don't know. He just asked me how are you doing. It's weird though, he could've asked you."

"Did you two fight?" Sharonn asked her granddaughter. She has grown fond of the young man, Ethan's grandmothers are now besties with Sharonn that they even meet every day. 

"It's not really a fight. Just a... misunderstanding." Kathlyn told Sharonn.