{ 10. Did I want her dead? }

"Kath." Alice pulled Kathlyn away from her flashback. "Toby Cavanaugh'a back."

"Who?"

"The creep who likes you."

"Not proven." Kathlyn contested.

"Come on, Kath. Everyone knows he has hots for you." Alice argued.

"Evans." A voice from behind Kathlyn said. Kathlyn turned to the owner of the voice.

"I just spoke with your principal, asked him if we could have a chat." Wilden told Kathlyn.

"No." Kathlyn closed her locker door. "I have to get to class."

"Don't worry." Wilden blocked Kathlyn's path. "You've been excused."

Without any more excuses in mind, Kathlyn muttered a see you to Alice then followed Wilden to one of the classrooms.

The rest of the girls saw Wilden and Kathlyn.

"Why just her?" Aria asked.

"He probably thinks she knows a lot. More than we do." Spencer answered.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"I keep coming back to this tenth grade photo of you and Alison." Wilden started.

"What about it?"

"Well, they always say that there can only be one queen in a bee swarm."

"So what are you implying, detective?" Kathlyn said with an emphasis on the word detective.

Wilden ignored Kathlyn's annoyed tone. "Did you ever see her as competition?"

"Huh?" Kathlyn scoffed. "Nobody saw Ali as competition."

"No one?" Wilden further inquired.

"What's your point?" Kathlyn's temper is not long and it is starting to wear off.

"The point is I'm trying to flesh out the details of that summer." Wilden answered Kathlyn's question.

"So you can pin it on us?" Kathlyn's tone got a little higher. "Like making it look as if I wanted Ali dead so I could be the sole queen bee?"

"I'm not questioning you as a suspect." Wilden explained. "We are just having a chat."

"Doesn't look like a simple chat to me." Kathlyn said then walked out.

Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hanna saw Kathlyn coming out of the room and they immediately went to the brunette.

"What happened in there?" Spencer interrogated the young girl.

Kathlyn just shrugged, "Nothing much, just the same old stupid questions."

"You were in there for an hour." Spencer retaliated. "What else did he ask?"

"Nothing. He took some phone calls and I just sat there waiting for his calls to end." Kathlyn reasoned. "Maybe he's gonna question all of us alone now. Look, let's just talk later. I have to go to the washroom."

Kathlyn walked away from the girls.

"She's being weird." Emily pointed out.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Kathlyn entered the empty ladies' washroom and went straight to the sink and faced the large mirrors. Seeing her reflection, she touched the 'K' pendant hanging on to her neck.

'Do I want Ali dead?'

Kathlyn's cellphone suddenly beeped, signalling that she jusy received a message.

"Hold your crown tight. You won't be wearing that for much longer."
ㅡ A