{ 29. I Like You }

Kathlyn saw Noel leaving Ezra's class, with a smirk on his face. Kathlyn looked inside and saw Ezra standing by the windows, looking worried and stressed. Kathlyn felt as if she knows what just happened, so she ran after Noel.

"Hey!" As soon as Kathlyn yelled,  Noel stopped walking and looked at Kathlyn. 

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Noel sarcastically said. 

"Cut the crap. What did you say to Mr. Fitz?" Kathlyn asked. 

"Nothing." Noel shook his head, "Why are you so concerned about him?" 

"I think you know why." Kathlyn said, while looking straight at the young man. 

"Let's not make things too complicated. Please." Kathlyn added and then walked away. 

"Hey, Kath!" Mona shouted Kathlyn's name.

"Yeah?"

"I'm planning a welcome back party for Hanna." Mona told the girl. 

"That's awesome! I'll help." Kathlyn assured the girl. 

"Great! I'll see you later." Mona enthusiastically told the brunette. 

The party has started, several Rosewood students went and of course, the girls are all there. Well, except Emily because she has a dinner with her parents and Maya. Well, she just confessed to her dad (and indirectly to her mom) that she likes girls. So, now, her parents want to get to know her and of course, Maya. 

"Okay, before you get mad at me, this was all Mona's idea." Kathlyn defensively said when Hanna approached her. 

"No, I'm not mad. It's just thatNoel's here." Hanna whispered. 

"What? Where?" Kathlyn frantically asked the girl. They haven't validated anything about Noel's involvement with 'A', but definitely, they have to be cautious. 

"I don't know. I saw him a while ago, but I don't know where he is now." Hanna said. 

"I'll go look for him." Kathlyn said and before Hanna could prevent her from looking for Noel, Kathlyn already took off. 

Kathlyn walked around the house looking for Noel, but she didn't find the guy. So, she opted to pour herself a punch. As she was pouring herself a drink, a red cup was placed right next to her cup. 

"Hi." Ethan greeted the young woman, and Kathlyn returned the greeting with a sweet smile. 

"Can we... talk?" Ethan asked the brunette. Kathlyn finished pouring herself a drink and then looked at the guy. She tilted her head a bit, giving Ethan a signal to follow her. Kathlyn walked to the back part of the Marin's house and then sat down on the stairs. 

"This is long overdue but... I'm sorry." Ethan said. 

Kathlyn took a sip of her drink, "Sorry for kissing me or sorry for not explaining what that kiss meant?" 

"Both." Ethan simply said. 

"So, you regret that you kissed me?" Kathlyn sassed. 

"YeahNo, I mean... I shouldn't have done that." Ethan explained himself. 

"Hmmm."

No one said another thing. Silence enveloped the both of them, until Ethan decided to speak. 

"I like you."

Kathlyn choked on her drink, taken aback Ethan's sudden confession, "What?"

"I have always liked you. It wasn't Alison, it has always been you." As Ethan said those words, Kathlyn gently placed her cup down. And as Ethan finished speaking, the brunette immediately cupped Ethan's face and placed her lips on his. Things got a bit hot as Ethan put his hands on Kathlyn's waist and pulled the girl closer to him, Kathlyn then grabbed Ethan's soft hair to deepen the kiss. And as they try to catch their breathe, they broke away. 

"Wha" Ethan was about to say something but was cut off by Kathlyn. 

"No regrets." Kathlyn said meaningfully, and then she smiled shyly at the guy. And Ethan, on the other hand, felt himself smiling big because of what just happened. Nothing's official between them yet, but the mere fact that Kathlyn kissed him, made him very happy. 

"I'll meet you later." Kathlyn hurriedly told Ethan as she saw Noel Kahn walked by, and Ethan just nodded at the girl. 

"Noel!" Kathlyn shouted. 

"Oh, there you are, my favorite girl." Noel was about to sneak a kiss on Kathlyn's cheek but Kathlyn moved away, and she crossed her arms in front of her.

"I've heard from Aria." Kathlyn said, "I thought I was clear that you have to forget what you saw that night." 

"Whoa, what is this all about?" Noel defensively said. 

"You know what I'm talking about. You can't just blackmail Mr. Fitz and demand a better grade!" Kathlyn yell-whispered. 

"I didn't demand anything, I just asked him to take a second look at my work." Noel reasoned out. 

"You know what, I don't really get why you are so concerned of what's happening to him." Noel added, "Are you and Aria and that guy on some kind of threesome thing?"

Kathlyn slapped Noel, "Fvck you."

As Kathlyn was about to step out again, and go back to where she left Ethan, her phone lit up. 

"One out of your many secrets. Might reveal it, soon."
A