{ 28. The Tree }

"Noel Kahn is 'A'" Hanna revealed to her friends. 

"What? Are you serious?" Spencer frantically asked the girl. 

"Yeah, I saw him in the woods, and he left an 'A' message." Hanna explained. 

"You saw him leave a message? What message?" Kathlyn inquired. 

"I see you." Aria blurted and everyone looked at her. 

"I was in the car. With Ezra Fitz." Aria added. 

"Mr. Fitz?" Kathlyn repeated. Aria just nodded. 

"You and Mr. Fitz?" Spencer asked the raven-haired girl. 

"I couldn't tell anyone." Aria explained to them, "I promised Ezra."

"Ezra? Whoa, hold it." Spencer put her hands up. 

"This has been going since school started, right? Or was it before school even started?" Kathlyn commented. 

"How did you know?" Aria panicky looked at the brunette. 

Kathlyn just gave the girl a small smile and then shrugged, "Gut feeling."

"Okay, so you don't have a boyfriend in Iceland?" Spencer continued to ask. 

"No, I did." Aria honestly answered. 

"God, thankfully, I didn't set you up with Noel Kahn." Kathlyn blurted. Then the girls looked at her, "I want him off my ass."

Spencer, feeling totally loaded with the information that Aria and their English teacher was hooking up tried to pan the conversation back to their main topic, "'So, what exactly did you see?" Spencer asked Hanna. 

"Well, I saw Aria get into the car, then I saw someone in a black hoodie write something on the car of the car window and when he turned around, it was Noel." Hanna elaborated. 

"So, 'A' tried to kill you for seeing that?" Emily questioned. 

Before they can dive in more to the conversation, a knocked resonated from the door of the room. 

"I'll get it." Kathlyn stood up from her seat, which was on the end of Hanna's hospital bed. 

"Noel." Kathlyn said as she opened the door and was greeted by Noel Kahn. 

"I heard about Hanna." Noel said, "I thought I'd try to visit."

Kathlyn looked at her friends, and then stepped out of the room, closing the door quietly behind her, "She just fell asleep." 

Kathlyn led the young man a bit away from the room, they were literally talking about him just moments ago. And if he is really 'A' then he is dangerous. 

"I heard it was a hit-and-run." Noel told the girl.

"Who told you that?" Kathlyn asked, looking at Noel. 

"Sean." Noel simply replied, "Is she gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, we hope so." Kathlyn told Noel, still suspicious of the man. She's not technically that close with Noel, but they are somehow, a bit, friends. So, she can't help but be suspicious at the man, but at the same, she thinks Hanna just made a mistake. 

Noel gave his get-well gifts to Kathlyn as the girl told him that she'll take it to Hanna. When Noel was about to leave, Kathlyn called him out, "Where were you last night?"