{ 16. Homecoming, soon }

"Cutting yourself off from the rest of your life is not gonna help your parents, Aria." Kathlyn argued. The girls are at their empty classroom because class has just ended and everyone's really busy with the upcoming homecoming.

"And besides, they might still work out." Kathlyn added.

"Her dad slept with one his students." Spencer pointed out. "It's not like her parents fought because her father forgot their anniversary."

"Sensitivity, please." Kathlyn called.

"Sometimes, things can look over on Friday, come Monday, all is forgiven." Emily argued.

"Maybe." Aria just simply smiled.

"Okay! So you're coming!" Hanna urged.

"I'll think about it." Aria said, she doesn't have plans of attending the homecoming because of what's happening between her parents.

"If you're not coming, can't you just cast an absentee ballot?" Hanna asked who just earned glares and indifferent looks from her friends, "What? I need her vote."

"Stop, Hanna. You've got homecoming queen locked down." Spencer said, starting to get annoyed.

"Well, obviously not since Kath's here." Hanna retaliated.

Kathlyn just sighed, she's not interested in those titles, even though people label her as the queen bee (well, since Alison went missing), "I'll tell them to vote for you."

"Really?" Hanna enthusiastically asked. And the brunette just nodded.

"God! I just remembered, I'll be stuck restocking the ice and filling the hummus bowl while trying to look cute for my first official date." Spencer suddenly complained.

"Wait, with Alex?" Kathlyn asked and Spencer just nodded, blushing.

"This so real! Look at you blushing!" Hanna teased Spencer.

"So, while I'm busy with my committee head duties, can you please make him feel included?" Spencer requested.

"No, we're planning on freezing him out." Hanna joked.

"All right, moving on." Hanna interrupted. "Em, who are you bringing?"

"I'm not sure." Emily replied.

"You and Ben got back together?" Aria asked.

"No, not." Emily replied.

"So, who's the mystery guy?" Hanna inquired, teasingly. But Emily just stayed quiet, so Hanna moved on to Kathlyn.

"I might just go stag." Kathlyn added.

"The Kathlyn Evans? Stag? Really?" Hanna inquired.

"Guess no one's brave enough to ask." Spencer pointed out.

*simultaneous notification sounds*

"Hi little cubs, there's no place like homecoming. See you there."
ㅡ A

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"Hey girl!" Alice greeted Kathlyn, they're also classmates in Biology, but they're sitting a bit far from each other.

"Got a date for homecoming?" Alice asked.

"Nah, you?" Kathlyn asked back.