{ 19. Wrecked }

Upon entering her bedroom, Kathlyn received a call from Aria.

"What's up?" Kathlyn greeted.

"Emergency! Hanna is about to set the file to fire." Aria urgently said.

"What?"

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"Oh my gosh! Hanna! Calm the fvck down." Kathlyn yelled as she approaches her friends.

"Look, I know we have plans about this file and Toby, but the police would definitely know that I broke into his shrink's office." Hanna breathlessly exclaimed. "And I really can't afford to take any more field trips to the precinct."

"You won't! Because we are just helping our friend." Aria said.

"Look, I have already gotten busted for stealing sunglasses and for my boyfriend's car." Hanna said her side.

"From who?" Aria asked.

"Not who but where, from the store. I have class, gosh." Hanna retorted.

"Focus! This isn't some petty theft. Although I am not entirely convinced that Toby really is a bad guy here, but if that file would help then it better stay that way." Kathlyn explained.

"Fine!" Hanna threw the files at Kathlyn and then walked away.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"Good morning." Kathlyn lazily greeted Sharonn and Jackson.

"Where were you yesterday night?" Sharonn inquired.

"Out with Jackson and his friends." Kathlyn simply replied.

"After that."

"Oh! I went to Hanna's, she needed my help about something." Kathlyn said.

"Help?" Sharonn inquired. 

"Yup, about a homework that's really urgent." Kathlyn lied, before Sharonn inquires for more, Kathlyn stood up from her seat, "I have early practice today, I'll get going."

Jackson also stood up from his seat to follow his sister and to hitch a ride. After a while, they arrived in Rosewood High and Jackson went straight to the court, despite being early for their training. On the other hand, Kathlyn went straight to her gym locker to deposit her stuff there. 

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I wasn't able to call you yesterday night because I got caught up with something." Alice immediately told the brunette upon entering the lockers area. Kathlyn just jokingly rolled her eyes at the girl.

"Something or someone?" Kathlyn teasingly asked. She has a feeling that it has something to do with someone whose name starts with M. 

"Fine! Someone." Alice answered, but before she can disclose details for her rendezvous, their teammates already entered the lockers area, so she just gave a 'later' signal to Kathlyn. 

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

After their practice, Kathlyn was the last one to leave the training grounds, as usual, to make sure that all the equipment they used are okay and that they were returned to where they are stored. Alice also stayed to help her friend and of course, to continue her story. 

"Spill." Kathlyn urged her friend. 

"He told me he likes me!" Alice enthusiastically confessed and Kathlyn's face showed a mix of shock and joy. She's really excited and happy for her friend. Alice has been crushing on Mark for a long time already. 

"Wait! So are you two dating now?" Kathlyn asked the important question. 

Alice's smile dropped a little bit, "Not yet." 

"You know Mark. He told me that he feels as if it is not yet the right time." 

"When is the right time for him, then?" Kathlyn sarcastically asked. 

"He wants to lead their team well, before he will ask me the question..." Alice explained. 

"Jocks." Kathlyn commented. "Well, as long as you two have an understanding the I think all is good." 

With that, Alice's face beamed again and Kathlyn noticed that, she's really happy for her friend. 

"When will my man come?" Kathlyn thought. 

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Kathlyn's walking towards her locker when she heard several people talking about Toby.

"They found his body?"

"No, but they think he's dead."

"What?"

"His motorcycle's wrecked, dude."

"One less creepy person in the world."

While listening to the conversations of those around her, she noticed her friends standing near her locker, seemingly waiting for her. 

"So, is Toby dead?" Hanna asked at the same time as Kathlyn reaching them. 

"What happened?" Kathlyn asked. 

"They found his motorcycle. Wrecked." Emily explained. 

"Jenna was so upset." Spencer said, she lives near the Cavanaugh family so she saw Jenna in the morning. 

"Well, no one's gonna cry about him and neither are we." Hanna said, eyes pointing to Emily. 

"Han, if Em likes him then it is her right to cry about this." Aria argued. 

"This is not right, guys." Kathlyn blurted out, earning confused looks from her friends. Before anyone could ask what Kathlyn wanted to say, their phones all beeped. 

"Thanks for getting Toby out of my way."
 A