{ 18. Movie Night }

The girls are sitting on Emily's bed.

"It was all in his shrink's file." Aria said.

"Toby and Jenna had a relationship." Hanna added, "Way beyond stepsiblings."

"Romantically?" Kathlyn asked.

"I doubt it. Maybe Jenna has no choice." Hanna countered.

"So, that's what Ali saw when she threw the stink bomb?" Spencer asked.

"And maybe the reason why he wanted her dead." Hanna added.

"Us." Spencer commented.

"Iㅡit's weird." Emily said.

"You still don't believe us, Em?" Hanna asked.

"I mean, if Toby really killed Ali and he also wanted me dead, then why am I sitting on my bed not inside body bag?" Emily argued.

"What did you tell your mom? The cops?" Spencer asked.

"I told her, I went out for air then I tripped." Emily said.

"Why didn't you just tell them that he attacked you?" Hanna asked.

"I didn't want to say anything until I talked to you guys." Emily explained.

The girls' conversation halted when they heard Emily's mom's voice and some other voices who they've as cops.

"You can tell them everything." Spencer whispered.

"Just leave the file out." Aria added.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"How's Emily?" Kathlyn jumped on her feet when she heard Ethan's voice, "Sorry."

"What are you doing here?" Kathlyn asked as she placed down the glass she was holding onto the table.

"Asking permission for the younger brother, because his sister didn't allow him to watch a movie." Ethan teasingly said, "and the sister might want to come."

"He never asked for permission." Kathlyn countered, which earned a snicker from Jackson who is standing right behind Ethan.

"Busted."

Kathlyn eyed both Ethan and her brother, "And Jackson's free to go wherever he wants, well, if gran permits."

Laughing to himself, Jackson walked past by Ethan and near Kathlyn to fetch himself a glass of water, "But you can come with us, today is rest day anyway."

Kathlyn looked at her brother, weirdly. Something's up and she can feel it, "Okay, I'll just get ready."

While picking what clothes to wear, Kathlyn received a call from Alice. Kathlyn answered then turned it into speaker mode.

Phone Conversation
Kathlyn: Yeah?

Alice: I heard you're coming, did I hear it right?

Kathlyn: Coming to?

Alice: Basketball team movie schedule.

Kathlyn: Oh, right! Yup! My brother kindly asked me.

Alice: Your brother? Or someone whose name starts with letter E?