5

Dain's POV

" I think I like him. " I said over the phone as I told Areum and she started squealing, forcing me to message him or in the modern world it's called,

sliding into his dms.

Areum sighed, " You should just follow him on Instagram. It ain't that hard. " I rolled my eyes, not that hard if you don't like him.

I shrugged, " I don't know, i'm too scared to even try following. " She chuckled, forcing me to follow him for the next few days.

When I finally made up my mind, I went to his Instagram and clicked follow.

After a few hours, my phone vibrated.

" Yoonbin_ha has requested to follow you. "

My eyes widened, heart racing as I clicked onto the accept button. A wide smile plastered on my face as I rolled around my bed like a sushi.

" You should message him, slide into his dms. Since he accepted your request, it shouldn't be hard. " Areum chuckled from the other side.

After much debating with my inner indecisive self, I decide to message him, unsure if it's the best or the worst choice.

I thought for so long about what to ask because I wasn't even sure about it myself.

" Hey! You're from Miss Park's class right? I was just wondering if you know what's the homework today :) "

I clicked onto the send button and I simply threw my phone to a corner while Areum was blabbering about why I should message him.

We were chatting about random things, you know somehow you're just able to chat about everything and anything with your best friend.

" I was like- " Before I could even continue, I was cut off by a sudden notification that made my heart leap out of my chest in a flash.

" Yoonbin_ha: Vocab "

Even though it was just a simple vocab but it managed to spread a smile across my face. I started squealing as I threw my phone to the other side.

At that moment, I felt as if i'm the happiest person alive. It might not be much but somehow, he managed to make me this happy without having to do much.

A smile spread across my face as I grabbed my phone and started blabbering nonsense that even I can't understand.

" Are you okay? " Areum asked from the other side while chuckling.

" Yoonbin replied me! he replied me! " I squealed as I rolled around the bed again. I sat up and my hair was in a mess.

She chuckled, " It's just replying, don't make it into such a big deal! " I shook my head , trying to calm myself down but I just can't.

It might be a simple reply to everyone but honestly, he don't usually reply to people, especially when i'm not someone important to him.

I mean I haven't even talk to him.

After Areum hang up, I was just in such a good mood. I went to sleep in a good mood.

" Let's meet up! " Areum messaged me right in the morning and I agreed since i'm pretty free this entire week so why not?

After school, I dragged my body to her place where I was just pretty restless after a day full of continuous studying.

" You should message Yoonbin again! " She smiled as she scrolled through her phone.

I shrugged, " I don't know what to message him, my language ain't that good either. " Areum took my phone with a grin.

" I can help you. I'll just ask him about homework. I promise. " A sigh escaped my mouth as I nodded. She can't do anything worse, right?

She smiled at me, " I'm gonna head to the washroom for a moment. " She nodded and I left my phone on the table with Areum.

When I came back, she looked at me with a grin as she tossed my phone to me. " I've asked him what's the homework again! " I nodded, not caring much.

After a little while, I decide to check if he saw and that's when I realised I can't seem to find his account anymore.

This only means that

he blocked me.

At that moment of time I was just too prideful to actually admit that Yoonbin blocked me because it just seem as if I lost, in a way.

I cleared my throat as I tried to search for his username but nothing came up.

I looked at Areum, looking a little suspicious. " What do you want now? " She raised one of her brow and I gulped looking down at my phone that shows no result for his username.

" I-I think he blocked me. " Her jaw dropped, so wide that it looks like a cave.

She snatched my phone away, " Are you sure? " She sounded a little nervous, or anxious as if she did something wrong.

" It can't be that. " She murmured to herself but I managed to hear it.

I frowned, " What do you mean? " She flinched as she looked up at me, looking really apologetic.

" I might have messaged him anonymously. " She stuttered a little and my frown became even more distinct.

She let out a sigh, " I'm sorry Dain, I thought I could help you but I didn't know he actually would block you. " I didn't know why but I couldn't hold in my tears.

" What did you say? " I asked.

" I told him, I like you. " She said and I nearly fainted, ageing more than 30 years older.

Since it's a language that not many people here speak, she even messaged him asking about homework using that language and the messaging him anonymously using that language as well.

The time different between the two is too coincidental. Tears started rolling down my eyes, I didn't know why, I just felt ashamed.

Ever since I was young, somehow my crush would end up blocking me which was pretty upsetting.

" I'm really sorry! don't cry! " Areum tried comforting me but there's still school tomorrow and I don't know how am I going to face him, especially him knowing that I like him.

" Why did you do that? " I looked over at her.

She sighed, " I really just wanted to help you! " She seem really apologetic and I know what's done is done, what can I do to rewind the time?

" I might have the chance to be his friend but yet, you blew it up for me. "

14th Jan 2019

Yeah if you're wondering did this really happen, yes it did man. I really cried because my friend did that but after what i've said at the last sentence I felt a little bad because she tried helping me anyways.

Currently, everything is 101% true which is pretty sad because everything till now is sad.