III

YAAAAY! Back from hiatus with great news! I got to rescue the old files so YAY I WON'T NEED TO REWRITE THEM ALL! Now let's go the story once again!

That day, all Frances wanted was to draw in her sketchbook alone during lunch, that's why she was sitting in the stairs drawing some random teens she found interesting. A tall gothic dude with long hair and black cloths, a chubby girl with a unicorn sweater, another guy with headphones and a slush looking like holding himself back to not burst out dancing around the halls-

"Hey!" A girl's voice shouts as she pushes Frances with her hip and makes her scratch the draw with the pen's ink. She gasps and looks up, finding Susan with her arms crossed and a smirk.

"WHAT'S YOUR DAMAGE, SUSAN?!"

"Don't blame me, blame Mary" Susan replies shrinking a bit "She wants you to drag your ass to the cafeteria right now"

Susan had such a sweet voice and corporal expression that was humanly impossible to get mad at her no matter how bitchy she acts, and she was pretty aware of it and used her powers all the time.

"Urgh! Fine, I'm coming! Jesus..."

Once they got into the cafeteria, the girls sat in their table and many glances were turned toward them.

"Frances, finally!" Mary says and hands the freckled girl a piece of paper with some random class subject written on "I need you to forge a note in Georges handwriting inviting a girl to Philip's party"

Frances is suspicious about it and asks "Why?"

"Don't ask, just write" She demands and Frances rolls her eyes before turning to grab a pen from her bag. She writes what was asked and Mary reads it before growing a devilish smile "It's perfect, such as all the other ones you wrote, hun"

Mary stands up as she folds the paper and Frances asks "For who is that?"

The black girl smiles once again and looks down at Frances "Angelica Hamilton" The second she heard that name Frances' eyes widened as she stood up, taking the paper back in a reflex "Wha- FRANCES!"

"You can't send it to Angie! It's cruel!" Frances protested, holding the fake note close to her chest.

"Hun" Mary says stepping close and Frances takes a step back, bumping into Theodosia who was suddenly also up "I thought you two weren't friends anymore"

"No! I mean yes- I mean..." Frances sighs "I don't think I wanna keep doing this anymore..."

Susan steals the paper from Frances' hands by her back before she could protest again. "Then don't think" The devil's daughter hiss at her.

They watched as the tiny Susan practically flew through the room crowded of teens until Angelica, who was joyfully taking a red jello for dessert, and throws the note at her tray of food by her back without being noticed.

"See, Franny?" Theodosia says giggling "Was it that hard?"

Frances glances Angie on the other side of the cafeteria, unfolding the paper and opening a wide smile as she reads it.

"Why do you always have to do that to people?" Frances mumbles feeling her own heart breaking.

"I'm teaching people real life" Mary said in a superior tone "Real life sucks losers dry. If you wanna be with the Eagles, you have to learn how to fly, Frances"

"So... You teach people how to spread their wings and fly?" Frances replies crossing her arms and staring at the taller girl.

Mary stared at her with a grin and finally says "Yes"

Frances snort and heads out of the building, right to the open area where fewer people were having lunch.

She was so angry. Angry at Mary. Angry at Theodosia. Angry at Susan. But especially angry at herself. She let it happen. She let them hurt the only friend she truly had and did nothing to stop. Suddenly a grip at her wrist makes her get out of her thoughts and turn around, being face to face with Philip. Frances blushes even if she didn't want to as the boy smirks at her.

"Ya know Frances..." He says and leans close to her ear, Frances tensing up as his hand touches the side of her torso "I always thought you look pretty damn hot in those new clothes"

"Get away from me" She says with her voice almost cracking. They were between the school building and the gymnasium walls. No one in sight.

He simply chuckled, still grinning, and Frances feels an urge to run away "But why would I do that, sweetheart?"

"Because. I said. Get. The Hell. Away!" Frances then scratches his neck and he let go her arm as he holds the injured area and the girl got to take two steps before he presses her against the wall and she releases a short yell.

Suddenly someone pulls Philip's shoulder and takes Frances wrist, pulling her away from him.

"I believe that when a lady says to get way one time you simply must obey" Frances' savior says in a calm voice and she tries to remember where she saw him in school before but got nothing.

"I don't know from where the hell you came from, but I suggest you to go back!" Philip hiss, pointing at the new taller guy's face. But he doesn't even move.

"Or then what, shorty?" He teases raising an eyebrow and three seconds later the two were into a fight, which five seconds later a bunch of students was watching and cheering with it. Frances was still trying to process what happened.

Georges went to his friend's help once Philip got punched and fell to the ground, Frances yells at all lungs finally being part of the noisy crowd "HEY THAT'S NOT FAIR!" But got out of action once she saw how her savior glanced at her fastly with a bloody grin on, like he found funny how she worried for him when he had all under control.

He managed to kick both of the jerks' asses, which were left lying on the ground in pain. Theodosia ran to Philip and helped him to stand up as other people helped Georges.

Most of the crowd disperses and Frances' savior passes right by her side and stop. He was a few inches taller than her and his skin was a bit lighter. The sides of his dark brown hair had undercuts, the long part being thrown over his left side. He also had a mole right up his lip (which for Frances was kind of sexy) and he smirks once notices the girl staring at him, making her blush. He cleans the blood off the corner of his mouth and before she could say anything at him he continues to keep walking.

"He-Hey! Wait!" She shouts and heads after him, but he completely disappears with the flow of students amazed by the fight.