VIII

"Oh my God... OH MY GOOOOOOD- DON'T JUST STAND THERE! CALL 911!" Frances shouts as she tries to aid Mary. Alfred just rolls his eyes as he says with a grin "It's too late for it, love"

"No no no no no, Mary... Mary!" Realization hits Frances and she retreats from the dead body gasping "OH MY GOD I JUST KILLED MY BEST FRIEND!"

"And your worst enemy" Alfred adds.

"SAME DIFFERENCE!" Frances hits his shoulder and then starts to panic as she grabs her hair "Oh my God... The police is gonna think I did this on purpose... Oh nooo..."

Alfred was scanning the room until he found something that could help over the bedside table "Unless..." He grabs a book, a pen and a sheet of paper with a smirk and shows the book to Frances "Oooh look, she was reading The Bell Jar"

"Oh no" She mumbles as he knee beside her and places the book next to Mary's body. "Oh, yes. You can fake her handwriting. We gotta write a suicide note" He replies and then sees how shocked Frances was and sighed "Ok, look just- Make her sound deep like-"

"I DON'T WANNA DO THIS!" She shouts and he grabs her shoulder and shakes her a bit to try to make her understand.

"BUT YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL! GET YOURSELF TOGETHER!"

Frances sighs and pulls her hair off of her face "Ok, ok, ok, ok" She says grabbing the items from his hands and places the pen above the paper, but it didn't move "Uhm... Where do I start?"

"Think long and hard. Conjure her up in your mind. What would she say? What is her final statement to a cold, uncaring planet?"

After a few attempts and many ideas of how to write it, they agreed with the final version of the suicide note. Frances looked at the letter once she finished it and a shiver went on her spine "Jesus, you're making me sound like Air Supply!" The freckled girl gasped as she heard the voice right close to her ear, but there was nothing. Alfred took the paper from her hands and placed it next to Mary before taking Frances' hand to leave the room. However, the girl stopped by the doorframe and stared at the crime scene.

"Hey..." Alfred said in a sweet voice, hugging Frances from behind and she held his arms tighter as she sighed "It will be ok... I'll be right beside you, ok?"

She nodded and they exited the house as she swears she had seen something move behind them as they left.

...

"Where have you been?!" Her father shouted as Frances walked into the house.

She didn't say a word as she looked down and went to grab an apple from the kitchen. All she wanted was to get into her room and cry. WHAT HAVE I DONE?

"Hey!" John says grabbing her arm as she tried to pass by him to climb up the stairs, she still looking down "I'm talking with you! I sent your brother to go with you for a reason, to look after you, not for you corrupt him!"

Frances furrow her eyebrows and finally looks up at her father "What?"

"He still hadn't got home, where is he?" He asked with a worried expression and Frances also started to get worried as well.

"I-I don't know..."

"What do you mean you don't know?!" John asks nervous and Frances gestures with her arms.

"I DON'T KNOW OK?! HE IS GROWN ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF! MAYBE HE FINALLY GOT LAID! I. DON'T. KNOW!" She shouts and run upstairs and locks her door.

"Wow, that's new. Lil Franny is growing up?"

The voice again.

Frances looked around her room but she was all alone. "It can't be that I will start to go crazy now..."

"Oh, you already are, hun. Crazy for him. And I'm telling, he is gonna be your ruin. You didn't even need me after all for this to happen!" The voice teased and then laughed mischievously.

"Shut up." Frances muttered under her breath.

...

The funeral was dated for Monday after school and everyone already knew about it. Frances put on her old black clothes from when Mary still didn't control her life; her ripped black jeans, battle brown boots, black V-neck T-shirt and flannel shirt. She didn't wear any make up that day either. Instead, she put on sunglasses. She knew she wouldn't be able to look in anyone's eyes that day.

Stephan didn't want to walk to school with her. Neither did Angie. And Frances didn't blame them. She tried to talk to her brother once he got home the last day, but he wouldn't talk to her at all. What she could tell though was: first, he was mad at her; second, whenever he thought she wasn't looking he smiled just like if daydreaming and that got the girl intrigued.

She also tried to call Angie. 30 times. But she didn't pick up. And Frances honestly would expect that from anyone but Angie. The Hamilton girl was the most forgiving person Frances ever met, and if even she didn't want to talk to Frances... That meant she f*ucked up REALLY BAD.

...

"I can't believe she did that, Step..." Angelica murmured as she stared blankly at inside her locker.

"I know Angie... But the worst part is that I believe. In the past, she would walk miles away from a party. Now she spends the night away and gets me in trouble. Frances changed. I don't know her anymore" Stephan said holding his books tighter as the leaned against the lockers beside his friend.

"But wasn't you the one who got home later than she did?" Angie asks tilting her head.

"Yes but- But I only did that because I didn't found her anywhere. How was I supposed to go back home and tell my father I failed in what he asked me to do and that I lost my sister?" He wasn't lying. But it wasn't an absolute truth either.

"Yea makes sense-" Angie replies and suddenly got her head slammed into inside her locker and Stephan got punched in the stomach. Angelica rubbed her forehead as Stephan held his stomach in pain.

"And now with Mary dead... I can't even imagine how this hell is gonna be. We may have gotten rid of a monster, but maybe we have thrown something worse"

Angie picked her biology book and shut her locker as she shakes her head and then smiles at Stephan "Hey, don't be so pessimist! Maybe school changes for better?"

"Eh, I hope so..." He says with a timid smile "If only S-"

"Uh, hey guys..." The two friends hear Frances voice and turn their heads towards her as she timidly waves at them. Both of them turn around and walk away.