IV

That weekend, Philip and Angie's parents went upstate with their younger siblings, leaving the two teens alone with the big mansion. What basically meant a party for Philip and be locked in her room for Angelica. Frances was ready to get out of her own house when her father stopped her.

"Where are you going?" He asked crossing his arms once the girl went downstairs.

"To a party, dad" She answered copying his moves.

"You have been to many parties these past months, am I supposed to be worried?"

"I don't know, are you?" She shots back.

"Not sure yet. That's why your brother is going with you this time"

"Wait, what?" The two teens say in unison. Stephan was peacefully reading a book at the living room and wasn't even aware his father was going to do that.

"But dad I-" Frances tries to protest but her father cut her sentence.

"Or he goes, or you won't leave this house."

...

"Come on! Why do we have to stop at Seven Eleven?" Frances complains once her brother parks in front of the convenience store.

"Because dad forced me to join you and I won't drink or eat anything of that house because I bet it's all adulterated, I need something real to stand me up all night and drives you back home since I know you're gonna be wasted by the end of the party" Stephan shouts back and turn the car off.

"Alright you have a fair point" Frances sighs "But at least let me go buy the stuff because I won't be alone in this car waiting 50 years for you get back as you always do just to choose some damn snacks"

"Fine" He says and gives her a 20 dollars bill and she gets out of the car "And don't forget my Kit-Kat!" The boy yells from the window.

"Not even if I try, brobro!" Frances says already far from the car.

Once she gets inside the store, Frances finds out the only other human in there was the almost asleep attendant. Oh no, wait. There was also some dude at the slush machines. Frances ignores him and heads to grab the snacks for her brother. She chooses all she wanted and paid the attendant, but then the sound of that dude drinking his slush made her think that she still had enough money to buy a cup for her and another for Stephan.

She turns to the machine and gasped once she realizes who was the shush dude.

"Oh, no way" She says giggling and the guy turns at her still with the straw in his mouth.

"Oh, hey there random girl I saved early today!" He greets her with a funny smile and she walks towards him also smiling.

"Hey there mysterious dude who fought for me today and ran away before I could even say thank you!" She says grabbing two cups from the dozens of others right behind him by under his arm.

"Well, your welcome" He replies with a dork smile. She thought he was adorable as hell.

"And still I can't remember seeing you around school..." She says trying once again to think if she ever saw him before that day.

"Almost no one notices me, trust me" He says and Frances chuckles.

"Yea, I know how it's like" She says leaning against the balcony and stares at the cups in her hand.

"The new Republican Doll is telling me that know how is like to be invisible? I doubt it" He says raising an eyebrow and Frances rolls her eyes.

"Have you ever heard of Frances Laurens before I started to hang out with those girls?"