XIX

Angelica was literally a mess. Her hair wasn't shiny as usual and it was only brushed because her mother did so. She had already cried so much Stephan was actually worried she would dehydrate. He didn't leave her side during the whole funeral and once it was over he still didn't leave her side.

"Frances!" Angelica shouted once she sighted the freckled girl and they ran to each other. Frances shushed Angie, caressing her dark hair, as the girl cried more "Oh Fran, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I yelled at you... I miss you and I should have forgiven you sooner... I-"

"Shhh... It's ok, Angie... It's ok. I get it. No hard feelings, you were right. I was being a b*tch" Frances chuckle at her own denomination.

"No you weren't" Angelica replies looking up at her friend with a sob and Frances raise an eyebrow "Ok, maybe just a bit" Both the girls laugh and separate from the hug.

"Ok, I think I'll just leave you girls to it. Will be waiting for you in the car, Fran"

"Alright, brobro!" Frances salutes him and both him and Angelica giggle.

"Good you're finally back. Both of you" He says smiling at the two and leaves.

"Gosh I'm so glad you forgave me, Angie, it's like a burden got out of my shoulders!" Frances says in relief.

"I'm happy to hear that" Angie says with a small smile and suddenly grows serious "But... I need your help, Fran"

"Sure, anything" Frances says worriedly.

Angelica bites her lip before saying "Ok, it may sound crazy but... Something sounds off to me and I have this feeling that... That maybe..."

"Spit it out!" Frances says anxiously.

"I think Philip and Georges were murdered"

Frances eyes widened as Mary shouted "Well, F*CK GENTLY WITH A CHAINSAW!"

"Ok, you said and I didn't believe but indeed she is smart. GET THEM, SIS!"

Frances cleans her throat before saying "Well, ahm... Why do you say that? They found a suicide note"

"It could be faked! You forge them all the time, right?" She wasn't accusing her, just using as an example, but still, Frances felt trapped.

"Oh, I'm in love with this girl!" Georges shouts.

"What?" Frances, Mary and Philip ask all confused.

"Whaat?" Georges asks back.

"What?" Angelica asks also confused.

"What what?" Frances replies.

"You, you said what. What?"

"Uh, nothing. Just thinking out loud" Frances chuckles "Either way, Angie that's ridiculous, who would kill them?"

"Well, I think it's your friend Alfred" Angie replies carefully and Mary loudly gasps "I remember how he attacked them in the cafeteria that time-"

"Yea, just to protect me" Frances crosses her arms getting in the defensive.

"And I've heard about yesterday too"

"He was angry! You heard the disgusting rumor they spread around about me"

"Exactly, that's an excellent reason, Fran. Also, you have to agree there is something off with that guy"

"Ooh, looks like Franny is going to lady's prison!" Philip teases.

"But you surely need to have more proofs than simply "he is weird"" Angelica looked down and bitted her lip "Angie?"

The girl looked up and said twirling a string of her straight hair in her finger "Well, yesterday Georges spent the night at home with my brother and stuff happened..."