XVI

When Frances finally made to calm down, she explained to Alfred what happened the night before.

He was bubbling inside with anger and was biting his lip so hard that was almost bleeding "I guess that bastard didn't get the message the last time he tried to touch you" Alfred says before walking angrily through the corridor.

"Alfred, don't." Frances calls for him but he pushes the exit doors wide open, heading to behind the school.

Frances ran to stop him from doing anything stupid but when she got to find him, Alfred was already yelling at all lungs to Philip, with part of the football team previously chilling there, but now paying attention to the imminent confront. Alfred pushed Philip but this time he wasn't alone and Georges got his arms back as Philip and many other teammates started to beat him up.

"STOP! STOP! LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Frances yelled as she attempts to get the football players away from her boyfriend. Just when the coach showed up and called for his team to get into the locker room immediately that they stopped.

Before leaving though, Georges points at Frances' face with a grin "I'll see you later, whore"

Frances saw some students watching and one was even recording. She stared at them threateningly and ordered "Delete it now if you know what is best for you" The guy who was recording put the phone down frightened as some people in the back chuckled as they all left the place, leaving Frances and Alfred alone.

She knelt beside him and once she touched him he flinched a bit "Oh my God, Al... I told you not to do it why you had to-" She sighed, stopping herself, as he sat straight and looked sadly at her eyes "Are you ok?"

"What about you?" He replied and got Frances out of guard.

She opened her mouth a few times but didn't know what to say when she finally said with a sad smile "I-I am in whole piece at least... And I'm sorry for all the whining back there I just- I-"

Alfred pecked her lips to make her stop talking before she hugs him tightly and sobs quietly "I just don't understand why this had to happen with me..."

He strokes her beautiful curly hair as he whispers "You don't have to apologize for anything... They made you cry. You. The only thing right in my broken world... Those bastards are the ones to blame. So go on and cry, love. Because when the morning comes it will all disappear" She sat back straight wiping away her tears.

"What do you mean?"

"That our love is god, Frances. Seeing you hurt is... Just too much for me" He pauses with watering eyes before chuckling and murmurs looking down "Gosh, I'm even crying now" Frances wipes his tear away and softly smile at him as she caresses his cheek "I love you so much... That's why we need to pay back"

"Alfred..." Frances scolded him shaking her head slightly as she takes her hand away from his face "After Mary's death I don't-"

"Quite trust in your sense of taking decisions? I think that's the quote you're looking for, hun"

"Think it's a good idea"

"Come on, Frances. They are a risk to society. Imagine how many girls Philip and Georges must have abused and raped already?! We need to do something"

She hesitated before answering "I'm in"

...

Georges was at Philip's house that night playing videogames in the living room and losing for the fifth time.

"AW, COME ON! YOU'RE CHEATING!" The boy yelled when lost again.

"It's called talent, loser!" Philip shouted back and Georges gripped his friend's head under his arm as he rubbed the top of it laughing at Philip's despair to get out "AW AW AW NOT FAIR! DUDE, STOP IT!"