VXIII

Once Alfred parked in front of the Laurens' house, both he and Frances stood in silence for a while just staring the empty street.

"Ich Lüge bullets" Frances whispered "HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID?! You lied to me!"

"You lied to yourself!" He shouted but then sighed "Look, you believed it because you wanted to believe" Alfred said leaning towards her seat and Frances' jaw fell.

"I did not want them DEAD!"

Alfred chuckled disbelieving his ears "You did too"

"I did not" She said emphasizing each word.

"Did too"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"DID NOT!"

"Hey" Alfred says and raises his hands trying to calm her down "Did they make you cry?"

"Yes" She said without hesitation but confused about where he wanted to get.

"Can they make you cry now?"

"No, but you can" She says with a wrathful expression and opens the door when Alfred touches her arm.

"Just- Just wait. You'll see. Good things will come from this"

"Nothing even close to good can possibly come from this" She hops out of the car and slams the door.

"I know, right chick?" A new voice says and Frances froze.

"No, not again..." She whined.

"Ok, I know I asked to be with Philip and Georges BUT I DIDN'T MEAN THIS, FRANCES!"

"Yo, it will be so cool! We will be able to see her in the shower, bro!"

"Ew! How can you two be even more disgusting in the afterlife?!" Frances has a disgusting expression on her face as she takes her way to the front door.

"We are dead, Philip! Can you take your head out of there for once?!"

"Chill, Georges. It was just a joke"

"YOU PUT ME INTO THIS! I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD, YOU ASSHOLE!" Georges yelled and Frances held her head in an attempt to lower the noise.

"Yo, what do you mean?"

"I said I didn't want to go anymore but you dragged me there! IT'S YOUR FAULT!"

"Georgie turning down a chance to get laid? Wow that's new"

"Wait a second. Mary is here too... FRANCES YOU KILLED HER TOO?!"

"I didn't kill her it was an accident!" She says through clenched teeth.

The discussion with the ghosts keep going as Alfred watches the scene from the car with a raised eyebrow.

...

Angelica woke up back in her bubbly-self that Saturday morning. She turned on her laptop and put a playlist to play as she warmed up to start her practice routine again. She was applying for dance colleges but didn't make to dance one single time in those last two weeks, which felt like months for her.

When the time came, she showered and dressed her favorite orange blouse, filled by blue flowers, but needed to wear a jacket to cover her recent cuts. She even managed to put on some makeup and perfume.

She went downstairs and kissed her mother's cheek and tickled her baby sister Eliza, making her giggle and smash the pumpkin she was eating. Her mother gave Angelica a look and the girl grabbed a napkin to clean the mess as she giggled "Sorry, mom"