V

Once the twins walked into the party everyone came to greet them. Well, actually they greeted Frances. Stephan headed out there as many unknown people stood around his sister to get her attention. He looked for somewhere emptier where he could just sit down and eat his stuff as he read his new book out of sight of any jerks.

After a long hunt in the mansion, he finally found a balcony at the first floor where he had a good view of the party going crazy in the backyard. He placed his stuff in the swing bench and sat next to it, grabbing his favorite chocolate to eat first.

As he unwraps the Kit-Kat and breaks it, he heard a voice behind him "Is that- A Kit-Kat?" He turns around and freezes as he sees Susan Reynolds at the doorway holding a red cup.

"Y-yeah... Do you want some?" He stutters and she nods, sitting right next to him.

Stephan breaks the chocolate again and hands it at her, but she didn't simply take it and get away as he was expecting. She stayed there until they finished the entire bar. He has never been that close to her outside the few classes they had together at school.

Susan peeked from over his shoulders and glanced a book "What are you reading?" She asked and the boy jumped, that was the first thing any of them said since they sat there, and she chuckles at him.

"Uhm..." He mumbles, completely forgetting which book he brought "The Great Gatsby"

"Oh, I love this one" She adds and takes another sip of her beer.

"You- Already read it?" Stephan asks not believing in his ears.

"Uhm... Yeah! Ya know a pretty girl can be smart too"

"OF COURSE!" He shouts and she laughs again "I mean, of course you can! I mean, of course you're beautiful! I mean, it was just a surprise- NO! Oh crap..." He mumbles the last part seeing how he completely messed up any remote chances he had with that girl.

Susan simply laughs at his nervousness and thought it was hella cute "It's ok! People don't use to notice how I always have straight high notes or just presume some nerd helps me to cheat during the tests" Stephan blushes because he was one of these people who assumed she uses to cheat.

"I don't think I ever saw you outside school..." She says thinking if she actually ever saw him in any other parties.

"Yea, my dad forced me to keep an eye on Frances tonight, that's the only reason I'm here"

"Wait, you are Frances brother?! That's why I thought you looked like her!" She snaps her fingers in conclusion and Stephan chuckles "But weren't you supposed to be watching her then? Why are you hiding here?"

"She can handle any trouble she may have... I just wanted somewhere quiet to eat my Kit-Kat" He says and Susan smiles.

"Care if I join you? I wasn't really excited to come to this party anyway"

...

Frances hadn't drunk much; she couldn't stop thinking about the scenario of Angie making to come downstairs and she wanted to be there to help her old friend if that make to happen. Usually, when Philip throw parties the girls would have a sleepover at Frances' place; but now Frances was in the party and Angie didn't have anywhere else to go.

It was already midnight and nothing of the girl to show up, so Frances assumed Angelica had forgotten that note and stayed in her room; that was the moment when she decided it wouldn't be bad if she takes a shot or two. Or ten.

She glanced Philip hugging Theodosia from behind but didn't care much; they kind of had a thing; but once she started to struggle to make him get off and he didn't Frances got herself walking to them and pulls Philip's shirt, making him look back at her.