XXIX (FINALE)

Everything seemed to be right now. Georges couldn't take his eyes off Angie since she walked downstairs. It was like something clicked in his mind. Philip and Mary tried to make fun of her, but Georges stood up for her and the boys argued. Not even they knew if they were still friends or not.

Philip, Theodosia and Mary were all hopeless cases. Frances knew that. Back then and even now they wouldn't listen to her.

Frances stood out of Mary's way during the rest of the party to avoid any fights like the last time, but she simply couldn't control herself from grinning victoriously whenever Mary glanced at her and looked away, pretending not to see it and be superior. Frances could only laugh of it. And this time, she didn't get drunk.

She was drinking from her cup, leaning against a wall, looking around and seeing her job was complete successfully. No one would die anymore. She grinned when sighted Susan leading Stephan upstairs while she giggled. He looked nervous, like he didn't know what she was doing, but allowed her to drag him along. Frances chuckled at them.

"I'll talk to Susan tomorrow... They will be adorable together"

More hours passed by and Frances would walk around the party, laugh and joke at something here and there, sit at a sofa and play in her phone, look after her friends to check if they were safe... But principally, she was looking for Alfred.

As the party went on, people started to spread and go home until the sky started to light up. Frances sighed and stood up from the sofa, ready to go home after Alfred ditched her. Angelica and Georges were deep asleep at the other couch, her head leaning on his shoulder as he loudly snored.

Frances also knew Stephan wouldn't show up any time soon, so she walked with a hand inside her jacket pocket in the desert streets while she sipped from the beer she grabbed before heading out of the house through the whole way until Jackson park.

Reaching the gazebo, Frances and sat down with the legs crossed, watching the sunrise silently. She did everything just right. Alfred was alive. Stephan was alive. Angie was alive. Philip was alive. Georges was alive. Mary was alive. And if the cost of that was that she and Alfred weren't supposed to be together... Then Frances would gladly accept it.

She didn't even notice when a sneaky tear rolled down her face as she saw the sun slowly getting into view behind the buildings. She chugged the rest of the beer and sighed deeply.

"This spot is taken?"

She snapped her head and looked up. Alfred had a soft smile on his face looking at her and her smile only grew more and more "Actually, yes. It has your name in it" He chuckled and sat beside her. Both of them just silently watching the sky for a moment "I'm really glad you came... I thought you wouldn't"

"I did too, but... I couldn't take you out of my mind, is it too creepy?"

Frances giggled and looked at him shaking her head "No. No, not at all. I actually can't take you out of mine either"

"I guess... It is ok to assume you really like me back?" He raised an eyebrow and she smugly smiled.

"I don't know, is it?"

"Come on! Don't tease me like that!" He pushed her slightly as both of the laughed. She then quickly leaned forward and kissed his lips, making the boy freeze for a second before turning towards her with a frown.

"That was a yes, Al"

He still looked confused at her "I... I never told you my name, did I?"

"What if I tell you... I had a dream about you? About a timeline that didn't actually happen but... Helped to make things turn good tonight?"

"I would ask you what happened in it" He replied, actually intrigued and curious to know more about what she was saying.

"You wouldn't like to know..." She chuckled, looking away, her smile disappearing as she remembered of everything so vividly.

"No, I definitely would. What happened?" He asked again, sitting closer to her but she hesitated "We had sex?" He whispered in a playful way as if it was secret, and she widened her eyes and gasped in outrageous before both of them burst out laughing.

She recomposed herself "Well if you really wanna know not only that happened" He wasn't expecting that and looked at her face again as his grew redder "I don't want to tell everything because... It would totally kill the mood, but EITHERWAY-" She said it quickly and then lowed her voice tone "What makes me sadder is that... By the end, we didn't get together. And I would really like that to happen because-"

Alfred interrupted her by connecting their lips. Frances was got out off guard but closed her eyes and pulled her arms around his neck, hugging him when they separate from the kiss "I think I would like that too..." He whispered back smiling.

Frances looked back at him, her eyes shining from happiness as she smiled. She pecked his lips before snuggling into his chest to watch the sunrise. He intertwined their fingers and a warm feeling filled him inside, just like he never felt before.

"And what if..." He said quietly, like if he said it any louder that moment would break and disappear "I mess up? I always do that..."

She snorted and replied "Believe me. You can't mess up worse than you did in that damn dream and I still have feelings for you"

"Oh" He said surprised.

"One last question" She said and he looked down at her "What's your opinion about gun control?"

"Uhm..." He chuckled finding it super strange but answered either way "I think they should increase the security and do a better mental analysis of who is buying. Come on,it could be a psychopath!"

"Nice answer" She replied in relief and after that, only caring about cherishing the moment with him. Dreaming about the things they would do together. Simply enjoying being 17.

THE END