XXIV

A month passed by since Frances and Alfred broke up and she barely saw him at school anymore; which she wasn't complaining, but that made her feel uneasy and worried every day more. She also hadn't seen Stephan often but didn't even notice it.

Frances and Susan grew closer and supported each other over everything they went through. They confided in one another so much to the point Frances finally decided to spill everything out to her friend that afternoon when Susan came over to her house.

When the girl arrived, Stephan froze at her sight and she softly smiled and waved "Hi Ste-" He passed through her quickly and headed to his room, locking the door right after. Susan sighed sadly as she let her hand fall by her side and Frances took her shoulders as she led them to her room "I don't know what I did wrong, Fran... I mean, I do! But I apologized..."

"Hey, it's alright" Frances said once they placed Susan's stuff away before plopping to her bed "He's just like that, soon he will get back to be head over heels for you"

Susan chuckled and put a curl of her hair back in her ear as she sat down in Frances' bed "I really hope so but... It's been almost two months since he yelled at me and- I honestly don't think the old Stephan will ever come back" She said the last part quieter as she nervously fidgets with her hair.

Frances asked raising an eyebrow "What do you mean?"

"I mean... I don't know; just pretend I didn't say anything"

"Hey" Frances called her attention as she sat up straight "Don't forget I'm not Theodosia or Mary, you can speak your mind"

Susan sighed and turned around to face Frances, crossing her legs "It's just that I have this feeling... That says he changed? I can't quite explain but... I worry about him... I know we all changed after- Everything. And we are damaged as hell but all I want is that things get fixed, with nobody getting hurt and we all living happily ever after..." Susan bit her lip to contain her tears but as she started speaking again they fell "I know happily ever after doesn't exist but, God, nothing even close to that can happen? With so many deaths, even they deserved a better ending than that!" Her sobs grew louder and Frances ran to grab some tissues.

Once Susan recovered from her crying session, Frances sighed and started to cogitate if she could actually tell Susan the truth "Susan" She said quickly before she could regret her decision "I have something to say that won't be easy for you to hear..."

...

While Frances spoke during the next 40 minutes, Susan didn't say a word; she was so absorbed by the facts that couldn't react properly even if she tried. Once the report was over, Frances sighed deeply closing her eyes and avoided Susan's stare for an entire minute as they stood in complete silence.

Frances expected Susan to do anything; yell at her, burst out crying, storm away and slam the door, never wanting to look at her face again, report everything to the police, laugh at her as people already did, thinking she was lying; but she gasped when felt warm arms hugging her. Frances hesitated but ended up hugging Susan back.

"Oh my God, Fran..."

"I know..." Frances' voice cracked "I didn't think I would provoke all that... I am so deeply sorry" She cried out the last part, letting tears fall as well while Susan caressed her back "Will you report me...?"

"No" Susan replies quietly "I don't think you should get through more punishment than the guilty you are feeling... Besides you were coerced without even noticing it... But it will be ok"

"Thanks"

...

Pep rally day came by and Susan didn't want to go. She felt devastated only by thinking in the cheerleading team doing her choreographies without her in it. Frances wasn't feeling like going either so the girls would meet at Susan's place to spend the night.