~♥~ Chapter 10 : Issues ~♥~

"Cause I got issues
And you got 'em too
So give them all to me
And I'll give mine to you."
                              - Julia Micheals

Amelia's POV

I lied down on the bed, my blanket pulled up to my chin. I tried to, but failed to fall asleep. It had been 4 hours since Phil had left, and I was doing nothing but thinking since then.

He sounded so unsure that time. So unkind towards me and our baby. What if he backs out last minute?

He seemed like the person to do so. I sighed and turned to face my clock.

It read 10:30 PM.

I felt uncomfortable in that room alone. Madison had gone to some do some project or something with her classmates and told me that she would be late.

It had been only 3 weeks or so, but I already gotten attached to Mads. It was a different feeling to have friends around you except you brother and boyfriend. Even though Liam had his own friend circle, he'd always sit with me at lunch, having my back at all times.

I thought about Liam. What must be doing at this hour? The time difference was around 9 hours so it must be afternoon there.

I got out of the covers, suddenly feeling restless. I switched on my laptop videocalled him.

I stared at his display picture, a photo of him smiling with his arm around my neck. Me too, laughing. That was always the case when we were together. Never a dull day with him.

My thoughts were interrupted by him, greeting me with his million dollar smile.

"Hey, sis. What's up?", he said casually. I smiled at him. It was so good to see his face.

"Uh, nothing much actually.", I lied. "Are you kidding me? Please tell me you started dating some hot ass French guy with a thick accent!", he said.

I laughed. "No, Lee, not yet." He gave me a roll of eyes.

We chatted the usual for an hour, how our lives were pretty much the same, except for the presence of each other.

I know I was avoiding what I actually had to say, and I think Liam got it too. So he stopped mid sentence and looked at me with concern.

"Go on, Mia. Tell me. What is it?"

Shit. How can I forget? That guy is basically my other half. Nothing can be hidden from him.

"Lee, uh... Its um, actually-", I stuttered. I took a deep breath, and started again.

"Something has happened Liam, something big.", I started. Now he definitely looked worried.

"What is it, Mia? Did something really bad happen? Are you hurt? Did someone try to hurt you? Should I book the next flight?"

"No, no. Nothing bad, exactly, just...big.", I shrugged. "I, uh, I, um, I'm pregnant."

"What? What the actual fuck? What do you mean you're pregnant? Who did this to you? Who the fuck is the father?"

I ran a hand through my hair. I knew this would happen.

"Lee, its true, I'm so sorry. The father is....someone but he knows and he's willing to care for the baby."

"So, you're not aborting it huh? Didn't expect anything else from you though.
Sis, this is big news. What are we going to do? You just started on your dream career. We can't let the baby, be the obstacle in it."

I sighed. "I get it Liam. But what is my baby's mistake here? It was me who did wrong, why should my baby pay for it?"

He smiled at that. "Fine, we'll work something out. Plus, we'll get help from the father right?"