~♥~ Chapter 29: Stressed Out ~♥~

"Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol’ days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we’re stressed out."
                               - Twenty One Pilots

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rings as soon as I finish writing the last word. I take a deep breath and turn over my paper to the invigilator. Finally, my exams were done and I could relax for a bit.

Oh who am I kidding? I can't relax! Ever since Phil told me about the choice he had to make, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Only God knows how I studied for my exams.

I pick up my bag from the floor with some difficulty, thanks to my bulging stomach. Almost seven months pregnant. Oh, how time flies. Two months more and my life will change completely. I walk down the hallway, followed by a trail of people who were staring at me, the 18 year old girl with the huge belly. I got used to that long ago.

I unlock my phone to see a text from Madison. 'Picking you up in 10' it read. She sent that message six minutes ago. She would be here soon. I sit on a bench and sigh. I still couldn't get Phil out of mind. We were pretending that everything was normal when we were together, but obviously that wasn't the case.

I smiled at a familiar tree standing next to me. It was the spring season, and everything was lush and green, including the tree. Liam and I had a tree just like this in our backyard when we were young. I patted it's bark. So many memories were attached to that tree. I keep on staring at the tree until I decide to call Liam. He would definitely know how to calm me down.

He picked up after four rings. "Hi Amelia. What's up?" "Hi Lee. Not much, I guess. What are you doing?", I ask. "Getting ready for school.", he says. "How are your studies going? Are you catching up?"

"Kind of. Don't worry, I'll be fine. Now tell me, what's bothering you?", he asks. "Uh, it's just that Phil and his mom had a fight a few days ago. And it got ugly.", I say slowly. "What was the fight about?", he asks.

"About how he was paying more attention to me more than his studies. And his duties too. He's becoming King in six months, and he isn't preparing for it in any way. And the Queen thinks it's because of me. Which it is, definitely.", I say, while I draw patterns on the bark of the tree.

"Excuse me? How is it your mistake? You both are going to have a child together! You are his responsibility and even though I agree that he is going to be a king blah blah, but what matters more is that his child is coming into this world in two months!", he argued.

"I don't know, Liam. And worse, his fight ended with the queen giving him a choice." "A choice? What kind of choice?", he asks. I let out a breath.

"A choice between me and his own family.", I say sadly. Liam goes silent on the other line. "Are you kidding me right now? What is wrong with her? She is literally telling Phil to choose sides and families? What happens if he chooses you?"

"If he chooses me, he'll lose everything. His Royal life, his kingdom and his family. If he chooses them, he'll have to lose me. As in, he can be with the baby, but not with me. We'll have to do some co-parenting shit.", I say and put my hand on my head.

"This is so stupid! What is wrong with her? Can't she see her son is happy?", he shouts. "I don't know what to do.", I say, exasperated.

"Listen, Ames. I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I trust Phil. After all you both have been through, I know he will not just let you go like that. Amd I'm not saying that he'll choose you or something. He loves his own family as much as he loves you. He'll figure something out and in the end you'll be one big happy family. Okay?"