~♥~ Chapter 16 : My Boyfriend's Ex-Girlfriend ~♥~

Wake up girl, 'cause it's over
It's time to get a life (get a life)
Go cry over your own shoulder
Hey you, see now he's mine.
                            -Katy Perry

Amelia's POV:

"Wait what? ", I ask, practically shouting .

Seriously what was she even thinking?

"Mother!", Phil yells indignantly.

"Quoi ? Ai-je maltraité? ou ai-je mal compris quelque chose? Comment peux-tu dire ça?", he continues ranting in French.

I understand very little of what he says . I figure that he too, is against it.

" I haven't said anything wrong and Philippe, you didn't mishear anything. You and Amelia are expecting a child and it's only fit that you get married", she justifies herself.

"Your Majesty", I say addressing her. "With all due respect, I honestly don't think that this is a good idea. I'm only 18 and so is Phil. We're too young to get hitched".

" My sentiments exactly. Mother, I agree with Amelia. We're teenagers for God's sake. We're young and juvenile. Plus we don't even know each well enough to be united in wedlock", Phil says.

" You don't even know each other well enough? Well, the both of you should have thought about that before having sexual relations with each other! ", she says apparently angry.

" Your majesty, we didn't mean to disagree. It's just -", I say.

"Preposterous? It isn't. End of discussion. Just sleep over it", the Queen interrupts me.

" Yeah, they'll do much more than sleep over it", Renée says, appearing out of nowhere.

The Queen gives Renée a disapproving look. "Now, if you excuse me, I need meet the council. Amelia, it was a pleasure as always ", she says and leaves.

"Wish I could say likewise ", I mutter under my breath.

Renée chuckles and smacks Phil on the shoulder.

"Well done brother, I couldn't have found some one better for you", she says.

He glares at her and I find myself blushing.

" But you could've done way better", she tells me.

Now it was Phil's turn to smack her.

" Don't you something better to do? For example - flirt with Eric ?", he asks.

" Very funny. Get some new insults you ass", she rolls her eyes.

I then realized that I missed Liam terribly. Seeing these two argue brought back countless memories.

"I think I'll be leaving now", I say.

" Well you can't yet, we've got matters to discuss!", he says, clearing talking about our impending marriage and maybe our passionate kiss.

" I don't feel well right now.", I say, trying to get out of there. Staying there suddenly felt weird. What with the Queen asking, no - telling you to get married to her son. Don't I have any rights?

"Is it because of what my mom said? ", Phil asks, with a head creased with worry.

" No, no. I just got a migraine and think it'll be better for me to go home and rest".

" Okay ", he says hesitantly.

I bid goodbye to Renée and we walk walk towards the cloakroom when Renée calls out.