~♥~ Chapter 27: Birthday ~♥~

"You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you."
                               -The Beatles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 month later

"What do you think?", I ask Liam, holding up a tiny orange jumpsuit, for the baby. I know it was really early, but I just wanted to check out the prices to plan.

Liam scrunches his face in disgust. "If my neice or nephew wears this, I'm disowning it. Not joking. Also why are you sending the baby to prison with that jumpsuit? He'll have plenty of time to do it later."

I laugh, then roll my eyes. "Okay okay, drama queen. I'll check out something else." "You don't even know the sex of the baby. Shouldn't you atleast know that before you go clothes shopping?"

"Well, I know it's just month five, but we can ask the doctor for the gender of our baby. But we don't want to. We want to keep it as a surprise.", I say.

"Oh. But you should know, I prefer a girl so I can to talk to her about all that hot gossip that's in my stomach. You're such a bore, you don't like listening about others.", he waves his hand slightly. I laugh and kiss him on the cheek.

We shop some maternity clothes for me and leave. I get a call from Phil on my way back. I pick up.

"Hey. How are you?", I ask. "Fine, babe. And you?", he responds sweetly. But I could make out he was doing something else from the noises in the background. Shuffling of papers and falling pens. Probably finishing his tests.

"Are you busy tonight? Eric texed me asking me if we wanted to go for a restaurant together. All four of us. Sort of, like a double date."

"Yeah. Sure thing. I'll text Mads. I'll see you later, okay? Wait. At what time will y'all pick us up?", I ask.

He thinks for a second. "How's eight? Wear something nice okay?", he says.

"Okay. See you. I love you.", I say and he disconnects the call after saying it back. Liam wiggles his eyes at me. I laugh.

"Double Date. Mads and I.", I tell him. He sighs dramatically. "Everyone has someone. When I will get a boyfriend?"

I put a hand on his shoulder. "You'll get someone. I promise. You know what? I met someone in the café that day. His name's Brent. And he's totally giving me the gay vibe. I'll set you up with him. How does that sound?"

He smiles. "Thanks Amelia. You're the best sister anyone could ask for." I kiss him on the cheek again.

"Aww. I know that. Now let's get going, I need to be ready in about three hours. I'll study for an hour before that. Drive faster okay?" He nods and presses his foot on the accelerator.

I scroll through my phone as I waited for Madison to get ready. She eas scuttling around, trying to find her favourite scarf to match with her red dotted dress. I stared at her and groaned. "God, let go of it already! Why do you need that scarf anyway?"

"Because it looks good on this dress! Amd why are you so underdressed?", she says while scrutinising my outfit. I look down at my outfit in confusion. I thought I looked okay. I had worn a white skirt with a baby pink top with two golden buttons on it.

I shrugged at her and she huffs. "Atleast let me do your hair properly?", she asks. She was right. I was having a major bad hair day today, and my hair would not cooperate no matter what I would do. She walked towards me and took my messy hair amd tied it into a neat bun, with two strands falling on my face.