~♥~ Chapter 12 : Girlfriend ~♥~

A/n: Thank you so much for 1K reads oml. Never thought we'll see this day. ^ω^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're so fine
I want you mine
You're so delicious
I think about you all the time."
-Avril Lavigne

I fumbled with the keys to my dorm, struggling to open the door in the bad lighting.

I rush inside, close the door behind me, and lean on it. What a night! I had never felt so insecure about myself. The only good thing that came out of it was that I had made a new friend.

"Amelia? You home already? What time is it?", A sleepy Mads asked. "Hey, it's me. You sleeping?", I asked. "Hmm.", came the reply.

I didn't say anything after that. Mads was working late every night, and staying up late to finish her assignments. I let that poor girl sleep.

I quickly changed into comfortable clothes, took off my make up, amd climbed under the covers.

I thought about Phil, about his reaction to his mom literally roasting me. I mean, she was right, about how I hadn't had anything planned out, but she could be at least a bit polite?

I wondered if Phil was scared of his mother or just a terrible person altogether. Or maybe a person, who couldn't express his emotions. How can either of these people rule a country?

With these thoughts cramming my head, I couldn't sleep at first. But soon sleep consumed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tapped on the phone noisily, texting Phil's sister, Renée. We had been texting the whole morning. She was telling me that her mother was disappointed in Phil to just let me go so late in the night.

She consoled me that everything will be fine, her mother just needed time to process the information properly.

I wanted to ask her what will I do about her asshole of a brother, but Mads snatched my phone.

"Who the hell are you talking to since morning? I wanna hear about the palace, the queen, Eric, everything! And who the fuck is Renée?", she said, glancing at my phone.

"The princess. We're friends now.", I replied. "Since when?", she said, narrowing her eyes. "Since yesterday."

She rolled her eyes and threw the phone back to me. I caught it before it smashed to pieces.

"What the hell Mads?", I screamed. "What?", she casually asked, as if she hadn't literally threw my lifeline to the floor. "What is the matter with you?"

She sighed, and plopped down on the bed. "What is it?", I asked, softly this time. "I don't know, I'm sorry. I just thought yesterday that now you'll be with them more, and you know, be the mother of the heir of the kingdom that you'll forget me, and you now talking to the princess just, scares me that you'll slowly leave me."

I shook my head aggressively. "Are you kidding me? No! No way I'm going to forget you, Madison. You've been my best friend, my saviour and support ever since I got here. And I promise you, I'll never leave you, for anyone or anything."

She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back tightly.

She wiped a tear off my face and shoved a coffee cup in my hands. I smiled as I took a sip.

I go to my bed and start studying. After a while, I'm alerted by my phone that I have received a text.

Baby Daddy 🙄:
You free? Want to take you out for shopping. Lemme know.
-Phil.