~♥~ Chapter 14 : I Knew I Loved You ~♥~

"I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life."
-Savage Garden

Phil's POV:

3 weeks later

I sigh as I write down the last word on my assignment given by Mother. Being the heir of the throne was a hard task afterall.

My mother was giving me practice tests filled with situations as to how I would react to them, and the action for the same.

I got up from my seat, and closed the door to my room on my way out. I bumped into the annoyance that is, my baby sister.

"You doing well on the test, Phil?", she smirked. "Better then you think actually, smartass.", I say.

It was true though. She was a smartass. My sister loved tests, and she fucking aced all of them. No wonder she was mom's favorite. I, on the other hand, was the kid who always screwed up. Far from her favorite.

If it were up to her, she would've definitely made my sister the heir. But laws were to be followed and she had no choice but to keep this 'test' or a 'competition', as my sister treats it.

Pushing my way through, I walk towards Mother's study. I knock to let her know that I was there.

She permits me to come in and I do so. "Good day Phillipe. What brings you to my study?", she addressed me.

I show her the pages of my assignment and she smiles. "You're early this time. Looks like this baby business is turning you into a responsible person, isn't that so?"

I smile at that, not because of that slight tease, but thinking about the baby made me think about Mia.

I quickly wipe it off my face. Get it together Phil.

"So, how was the shopping trip anyways?", she asked while taking off her reading glasses. "Well, it wasn't a shopping trip exactly since we didn't buy anything", I shrug.

She looks up from her desk. "And why is that? What did she not like?" "That gesture actually. She got really agitated and said that she just wanted a simple apology, and that she ' would not be bought ' ".

I stopped after that, because I thought I had angered her. But surprisingly, she smiled slightly. "Just what I hoped she would do. She actually reminds me of a young version of myself, absolutely fierce. Anyways, you may take your leave, and go get some rest". She resumed her reading.

I left the room, taking a sigh of relief. This went way better than planned.
I went to my room, and lied down on my bed.

I stared at the earing on my side table. I took it in my hand. I thought about her. The kiss we almost had three weeks ago. We haven't talked about it all, actually we haven't talked about anything since then. She seems to be avoiding me.

Why did I even pull back? I wanted to kiss her. The setting was perfect. She was so supportive and the moment was just right.

I sighed in frustration. I freaked out. I freaked out that I would start having feelings for her, and she and our baby would be sucked into my self destructing blackhole.

I shook my head, and thought about how she looked that day. With her beautiful body wrapped in a blue dress, a little tight around her waist. Her hair just left open. She never tried to look pretty, but she always was.

I stared at my phone screen. Now I wanted to talk to her. I clenched the bed sheets with my fists. Why was I acting like this? What has gotten over me?